Chapter 7

"So you're saying that these wolves aren't the only ones?"

"Yes, it means that we have to do something before we become changed too."

"Well, what are we going to do?" says alex a bit curious.

"We have to find out a way to decrease the amount of wolves there are, and put more humans back in our town." I say courageously.

"I'm sorry, but, i'm not a big fan on killing things. Especially creatures." i watch Sally twist the blanket in her hands.

"No, i didn't say kill, i'm saying we need to find a way to put them back into their human state, permanently."

"How will we do that? it's not going to be simple Aaron." Isabelle says sternly.

"We need to make something, like a cure, to put into their systems and kill off the werewolf DNA and replace it with more human DNA."

"None of us here are scientists Aary." alex looks at me.

"We don't have to be."

A silence stays between us all, only for a moment.

"Hey Aaron, ok i've got like a months worth of- - what are they doing here?" casey plows through the door while staring at all three of the girls.

"I was expecting a warmer welcome than that casey, you've got some explaining to do." Says Sally jokingly.

"Hey?! i wasn't trying to be mean, i was just surprised! how did you guys get here?"

"Ahh you know, the front door."

He rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Figured as much, see i thought you would've came through the back window?" he punches Isabelle in the shoulder friendly.

"Now, casey be careful with her." i raise an eyebrow at him in attempt that he would understand what i was trying to say.

"Why? Shes just like any of your other friends."

I sigh shamefully.

Isabelle laughs. "I'm pregnant!"

"Oh, oh, oh wait, OH! i'm sorry did i hurt you? i wasn't trying to-

"Yea i'll survive, i don't even think you left a scuff."

"Ok phew didn't wanna hurt the-

"Ok, lets not overwhelm ourselves."

"Right, of coarse."

I get up and search through the bag casey had brought in. i rummage a bit and only find packets and packets of blood, from who knows where, but it looks fantastic.

"Do you have any cups?"

"Oh yea, here."

He hands me a plastic sippy cup without hesitation.

"Um casey?"

He looks at me while retrieving the blood packets and putting them away. "Yes Aaron?"

"You do realize that i'm pregnant, i'm not five?"

"Umm yes, i just thought that it would be better in a sippy cup so that it wouldn't spill and is easy to drink from."

"Good point, thanks!" i poor the blood into the sippy cup and screw the lid on, i take my first sip of many while my friends sit on the bed staring at me in disgust.

"Aaron?"

"Are you ok?"

"You do realize thats blo-

"A woman's gotta do, what a woman's gotta do. especially when it comes to children." i walk over and hand Isabelle the cup.

"Here take a sip, its good."

"No thanks, i just ate, real food."

"Lets not get personal here, you've been having trouble eating too, correct?"

"Yea, i cant seem to keep anything down."

I retry handing her the cup.

"Then take a sip."

She stares down at it cautiously.

"It doesn't bite, i promise. Well, it might've in its living state."

She looks at me, and looks at the cup again.

"Here goes nothing." she grabs the cup slowly and shamefully, but takes a big long sip anyway.

We all sit and wait to see her reaction. she smacks her lips, wipes her mouth aaaaannnnndd

"Meh, i've had worse."

"YEEEEES!" I grab the sippy cup and dance.

"Woah be careful or you're gonna spill it!"

"Oh sorry." I say and take another sip.

"So anyway, what do you want to do about this 'new tribe'? "

"I'm not sure, maybe we could check it out?"

"Or maybe not! I won't risk you damaging your kids like that, who knows whats over there." casey looks at me.

"Well, i can't stay in here for two weeks just doing nothing, or else my children will grow up to be un adventurous and bland."

"That sounds more like how you would describe a gross cereal." giggles Sally.

I give her the stink eye.

"Well if thats what it takes for them to be healthy ,safe, and un adventurous and bland, then thats what its gonna be."

"I'll stay here with you Aaron, i need to lay back too. Think of it as one big sleep over."

"Isabelle, i appreciate the support but i can't think of me, a pregnant 16 year old whos been raped along with her friend and has to stay in a hut for two weeks to deliver a child, as a sleepover. It just doesn't work that way."

"Well we aren't leaving here so thats what it'll be."

I clench my jaw in frustration.

"Fine, Izzy, Sal, Alex, could Casey and i have a moment?"

"Sure hon, take all the time you need. We'll be right outside."

They get up and walk out the door, closing it softly behind them.

"Aaron, i'm sorry, if i were you i wouldn't want to stay in here either."

"I know, you're only looking out for me.... thank you Casey."

He bites his lip and looks at me shamefully.

"Casey, whats wrong?"

"Aaron, theres something i need to tell you."

"Ok?"

"Those aren't alikeys children you're carrying."

I pause.

"Then who's are they?"

He looks down at the floor, with sadness in his eyes.

"They're mine."

-

___________________ _______

End of chapter.