Chapter 37-The Final Match

Phil and Blazer once again entered the waiting room. This time, it was just him and Alexander.

"Looks like we're the final matchup," Phil began.

"Yeah, those weapons were pretty cool, and apparently effective. I may have to get myself a set."

"Same here, they could be useful in close quarters, where a large staff is not the ideal weapon."

"Good thinking."

"Thanks."

"You are welcome."

"I have a feeling Denny and Joseph are placing bets on who will win, or at least, how long I will last."

"Why would you say that?"

"Just a conversation I overheard."

Alexander just laughed, "Well, may the best man win!"

Just then the announcement sounded for the final bout. Alexander and Phil left the waiting room to enter the arena.

Phil and Blazer, for the final time, stepped onto the sand. Across the arena, Alexander and his Lucario mimicked them. Two Kalosian Longswords rose out of the ground. They both had a long and somewhat wide blade, with a standard cross hilt. For armor, they had a chain mail vest, which would cover their torso, but leave the arms vulnerable. The combatants picked up their weapons.

"En Garde!"

Phil and Alexander drew into their stances.

"Pret!"

Alexander began immediately, slicing towards Phil's left arm. He blocked it, before throwing a side kick. Alexander stumbled a bit, but quickly recovered, and swung his weapon at Phil's knees.

The Aura Guardian jumped over the blade, swinging his own blade at his opponent's torso. Alexander stepped back out of range, before jumping back forward, landing a solid blow to Phil's right arm.

The teen jumped back, he touched the wound to find that it was a clean cut to the bone. He quickly healed the arteries, to prevent him from bleeding out, and nodded. Blazer was similarly struggling to avoid the Lucario's Bone Rush attack.

Phil swapped to fighting with just his left hand. Unfortunately, that was his off-hand. Alexander swung over head at Phil's torso, which hr only barely parried. Twisting his right hand, not moving the arm, and blasted his foe with an Aura Sphere.

The Master of Arms stumbled, but quickly recovered. Striking Phil again, this time in the stomach, thankfully it was not nearly as deep as his previous wound. Unfortunately, he could feel Blazer losing.

'Come on! We can't lose!' Phil told us I friend.

The Aura Guardian fought with vigor, almost feeling like fire was coursing through his veins. However, it was pleasant, soothing. His arms felt stronger, he felt taller. No, he was taller.

Phil looked down, he was easily seven foot six, and the backs of his hands were covered on orange and black fur. He reached up and felt his hair, which was now long, like a Arcanine's mane. It was an Arcanine's mane! It went all around his head, forming a beard and mustache as well. Both the sword, his clothes, and armor had grown to accomadate his larger size and frame.

'Blazer? Are we one and the same?'

'I think so, how do you humans remain balanced on two legs?'

'Who's in control is what I want to know.'

'I think we both are, but as combined as we are, I think that is a moot point. What you think, I think, what you do, I do, and vice versa.'

"You can do Kyukyoku no Kumiawase!" Alexander exclaimed.

"What is that?" Phil asked, in a deep rumbling voice.

"An ancient bond, not all Aura Guardians can do it. However, it does not appear to be tied to Aura strength though. When a Pokemon and Aura Guardian grow very close, it can be preformed. Once first performed, it can be done at will, although it becimes easier with practice. The strength, speed, agility of both are combined and multiplied. You can also perform attacks."

"Really?"

To test this, Phil turned to the wall, and opened his mouth, willing a jet of blue flames to shoot out. The flames scorched the walls dark black, even slightly deforming them.

"Well, this fight seems a bit uneven now," Phil stated.

"So you think."

Alexander and his Lucario began to glow. Suddenly, they were one. A combination of Lucario and human, standing about seven foot three.

Both drew into a stance, and the fight once again ensued. Alex swung diagonally at Phil, who blocked, locking the swords in front of them. Phil opened his mouth and let out of stream of fire at his opponent, who ducked and backed away.

Alexander once again swung for the knees. However, he adjusted mid-swing to account for Phil's jump. The blade connected with both thighs, cutting to the bone.

Using fire, Phil quickly cauterized the wound. Although the transformation had partially healed his arm, it still hurt. One more good blow would force him the end the match.

Charging, the Aura Guardian swung his sword at Alexander's torso. However, the Master of Arms managed to block it, and using the same move Phil at used in the first match, disarmed him.

Phil raised his hands as Alexander point hai sword over his heart. After a second, the transformation wore off, and Phil noticed that he and Blazer had matching marks on their legs or back legs.

A couple healers came and took Phil and Blazer to the hospital. After about fifteen minutes, he was healed and cleared to go to the feast.

The feast itself was spectacular. Huge hams, baked potatoes, just about anything and everything you could imagine was laid out. Not long after he sat down, Chief Miles stood.

"This evening, we celebrated our warrior's courage and strength in a tournament. Alexander, Master of Arms, won. However, it was not without the fiercest fight I have ever seen. Phil, whose parter is an Arcanine, used Kyukyoku no Kumiawase. A toast to our warriors' valor, an excellent tournament, and another Aura Guardian learning to use Kyukyoku no Kumiawase!"

Everyone raised their glasses, "Here, here!"

The feast continued late into the night. And all the Aura Guardians enjoyed it immensely. A little after midnight, everyone began to drift off to their houses and to bed.