Chapter 10-Aura Valley

Outside the cave, 12:00 AM,

Phil woke slowly, for he felt great pain.  He could also hear something sizzling and crackling, and felt a wave of heat wash over him.  As Phil slowly opened his eyes, he saw that there was a campfire burning.  It was only but a few feet away.  Phil tried to sit up, but was promptly pushed back down.

"Phil you need to rest, lay down."

He complied, but he asked, "Denny, why am I so weak?"

"Your body was not ready to attempt that skill.  Also, your Aura is building steam, flowing from the innermost parts of you out to your skin.  Soon, you will be stronger, faster, and have more endurance than before.  The more you train your Aura the sharper these contrasts will become.  Basic Aura abilities include telepathy, healing, telekinesis, aura sensing, memory sharing, incredible speed, strength, endurance, and the ability to project attacks.  Like the ones Pokemon use, but the majority of attacks able do be produced in this way are in more of the unofficial 'special' category, such as Flamethrower, Water Gun, and most commonly Aura Sphere."

"That seems pretty cool, but what about that chant?"

"The chant may be part of a set of ancient techniques that we are trying to recover.  Really if you do not mind, I would like for you to write down the whole thing at some point.  It would be archived."

"I don't think so, Denny, that may be one thing I take to my grave.  I really do wish I didn't know it."

"I see, well you need to rest.  Go back to sleep."

Phil turned over and quickly fell back asleep.

The next morning,

Phil, once again, woke slowly, he detected the fragrance of cooking food.  He sat up, slowly.

"Good morning sleepy head.  I was wondering when you would get up.  I got some eggs from a little Chansey house and some milk from a herd of Miltank over there.  They stay here and eat berries.  I have a friend of mine check on them every three days.  He lives nearby on the top of the mountain, and looks down at them with binoculars.  The cliff face does not work well for rappelling so he does not come down unless it is an emergency."

"Well, that is nice, but where are we?"

"This is Aura Valley as I call it.  It is my 'secret base.'  All most every Aura user has one, and they vary quite a bit.  I use mine as a place were a few Pokemon I brought here in Pokeballs can roam free.  They enjoy it quite a bit.  This valley also is full of Aura energy, making it the perfect place to train you."

"So, how do we begin?"

"First, we eat breakfast."

"Oh, good idea."

"Denny, if healing is an Aura ability, then why could you not heal Henry?"

"Two reasons, one I did not want to reveal my skills.  Two, I am pretty bad at healing, and could have caused more harm than good.  All I can do are minor injuries, and I can not do even do those if there are several injuries packed together in a area."

"I see, so what will we do first?"

"First, we will start with honing your Aura.  Eat now, or I will throw you in the river."

Phil decided that a morning bath might not feel so good.  He ate quickly, and did not ask any more questions.

"Phil, I am going to put a blindfold on you.  I want you to try and find me with the blindfold on."

Phil nodded, and Denny placed the blindfold over his eyes.  Denny then spun him around so fast he fell on the ground and ran off.  Phil wandered around trying to make sense of the area, but kept bumping into trees.  He was really starting to get upset, he had been doing this for hours.  He could not do anything.  Suddenly he remembered a lesson his father had given him on Zubat.