Twenty Five

"How do I look?" I spin in front of the mirror while Ruby is checking on me.

(^ the picture on top!)

"Great! Classy and bomb!" She said with excitement. I laugh at her reaction.

"By the way, I'm not going." She said suddenly while doing my makeup.

"What!." I stop her and blink at her, thinking that I heard her wrong.

"There is a mission that need to be clear." There is silence in the room, as she continue putting make up on my face. I keep quiet while she is doing it. I really wanted her to come, but I understand that mission comes first.

I was ready to go as I grab my purse. "Be careful Ruby." I warn her.

"I will." She smile and turn her back towards me. I smile a little and walk out of the room.

I walk down to the living room where I watch the bidders discussing about the party. Once I step down the last step, the room turns silent as the bidders stare at me.

I just smirk a little as I face Victor. "Victor. I need to talk for a minute." He stands up and walk towards me.

"Yes?"

"Victor. You will be saying the speech okay." I state out and walk away. While walking away, I heard a small sigh. I smile a little as I know Victor have a huge responsibility for today.

---

"I will like to thank the Mackenzie Company for signing this agreement." Eisuke announce to the party. The whole place full with applause, he continue, "The representative of the company will be introducing their selves."

Spotlight follows Victor in the dark room as he step up to the stage to introduce about the company to the audience. "I am Victor Mackenzie. Mackenzie Company is a company where we wants to promote healthy lifestyle, and working with other company. We share the same goal as most of all the company which is bring the people happy and please with their days with our company gesture. I hope you can support us. Thank you." He bow down as he step down the stage.

Eisuke continue from there. Victor walk towards us, I congratulate him for being courageous. "Cassandra. You have more courage. Why you didn't go up there?" He ask.

I smile a little and answer him, "It's because I do not want to. I'm too lazy to talk."

"But you have to show off your outfit. It's bomb. You can make all the men here drools." He argue a little.

I was dumbstruck with his comment and smack his head. "Are you stupid Victor. You dare to said that."

"I just said it." He rub his head.

"Fine. And I'm not using my looks to persuade them. I'm not a slut and it's not how our company works."

"I know. I'm just kidding." He roll his eyes.

I sigh a little, "What should I do about you." Shaking my head a little. As I look towards Eisuke as he was stuck in a crowd of women. I sigh a little and look around. Suddenly, I got a big cold in my back, my instinct kicks in immediately. I turn and saw a woman staring at me. She smirk a little and starts to walk away.

I clench my hands tightly to control my anger. I excuse myself to walk to the washroom but saw Ruby walking in. I blink at her. Didn't she say she have a mission to accomplish?

I walk towards her, was about to ask her but she stop me. We stare at each other, having a silent conversation through our eyes. We have a intense glare and she walk to the direction of the woman who is staring me. I look at her and have a huge debation in my head, in the end. I follow her.

(^ that will be Ruby outfit for the party

(^ that will be Ruby outfit for the party.)

"Ruby. Where are you going?" I follow her as she walking around.

"There is someone going to kill you." She said.

"What." I putting my dumb look on.

"You don't know?" She roll her eyes.

I shake my head in response and look around. Frowning. I do get a feeling that someone is on me. But I didn't see anyone familiar. I tried looking around again until a cool hand snake around my waist.

"Do not move. If you still want to see your family, do not scream. Meet me immediately at the helipad after this party ends."

------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. Even tho its short. Hope you will like it.

By the way, I've got a lot of project to write and I couldnt keep up thats y its been so long I update this story. But I decided to give my all to write as much as possible for this book.

Ciao!

Cshh