"Just To See You Smile"

Based off the song by Why Don't We

Logan's POV

I've always loved the way her eyes light up when she smiles. I hope she's always happy.

4th Grade

I was talking to my friends in the back of the classroom with my back to the door when I heard out teacher, Mrs. W, start to talk.

"Class, this is our new student, Y/N." She kneeled down next to the girl and spoke to her. "Would you like to share something about yourself?"

The girl nodded, a huge smile breaking out on her face. "I just got a baby doggy named Fluffy!" She almost screamed. She looked really happy.

I stood up from where I was sitting and walked to the front of the class, towards the Y/N. I gave her a quick hug than looked at her.

"We're gonna be the bestest friends!" I said. That only made her smile grow.

Later That Day

I hopped off the bus and ran towards the front door, not waiting for my younger brother, Jake. My mom was standing on the door step.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Guess what! The best thing happened today! Mom!" I yelled. I couldn't contain my excitement to tel my mom about my new friend.

"Calm down sweetie. How was school?" She asked me and Jake simultaneously. I looked over at Jake so he could talk before I exploded my childish giddiness all over the place. He just shrugged. I took that as my cue to start talking. I turned back to my mom.

"There's a new girl at school and her name is Y/N and she's really pretty and nice and amazing and has a great smile and a doggy named Fluffy and—" My mom cut me off before I could continue.

"Well you should invite her to a play-date on Saturday." She suggested.

I let out a very high pitched squeal. "Can I? Can I! Can I?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." By now we inside. I saw my mom scribbling something down on a piece of paper. "Just give this to Y/N and tell her to give it to her mom."

"Okay." It was a good day.

There will be a part 2 but I wanted to get this part out now because I'm really tired.