Chapter 5. Colony

"But I still remember the pain of December"-"Let Me Go" by Avril Lavigne

Narrarator POV
The ape continued to follow the girl until he was near her.

Carla POV
My music shut off and I got a bit concerned. I discovered my phone was low on battery.
"Shit." I said to myself.
I then sat down on the ground and put my phone in my bag. I just sat there for a few moments to let myself rest.
I then heard rustling from a tree nearby. I looked up, my eyes scanning the area above me.
Moments later, a figure landed in front of me.
'No way. It can't be.' I thought.
What stood right in front of me was an ape.
I shrunk back a bit in fear. I mean, this thing is intimidating when you're sitting down!
The ape then reached out its arm and grabbed my arm and pulled me up roughly. I made sure to take my bag with me.
'Where the hell is he taking me?' I thought.

*TimeSkip*
What I saw next really astonished me.
There's been an ape civilization here this whole time and we never knew about it?!

I then saw tons of apes who had come out to see who this intruder was. I admit, I do feel nervous now.
I was being lead to a rock. Who I assumed was their leader, stood on that rock, and looked down at me.
"Why are you here?" He asked. Pausing every now and then.
"I would ask the same for you as well. Why am I here? Better yet, why have I been brought here? One minute, I was minding my own business, the next moment I know, I'm being dragged here." I said.
"Telling the truth?" He asked, obviously making sure I wasn't lying. I nodded in response.
"In all honesty, I was heading down that path to the city to get more supplies." I explained

Sudden Narrarator POV Switch
'She go to human city so she can attack us!'  Koba signed.
'Enough, Koba.' Caesar signed back.
"You can stay. Apes will watch you." Caesar said.
"Woah. I didn't even ask if I could stay. If I'm ever a threat to you guys then just say so. I'm really happy you guys let me stay." Carla said, smiling.
Caesar nodded then left.
'Show her to an empty hut. She will stay there.' Caesar signed to his son.
Blue Eyes hesitated for a moment then went over to where the human girl was.
He then gestured for her to follow him. Carla took the hint and did so.
Blue Eyes lead her to a hut then left.
Carla went inside and settled her stuff down.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that chapter! And I hope you guys had a good Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas then I hope you're having a good holiday season :). 2018 is almost upon us.

-GravityFallsFTW896

492 words