Chapter 49. Old Friend

"Wherever it's going, I'm gonna chase it"-"Beautiful Now" by Zedd ft. John Bellion

                      Narrator POV
     "Your name sounds familiar to me. What's your full name if I may ask?" Carla asked.
     "My name is Valentine Rose Duret." Valentine said.
     "Hmmm... Did you ever go to the same school as me?" Carla asked.
     "Depends. What's your name?" Valentine asked.
     "My name is Carla Marie Shia." Carla said.
     "I think you were. I'd hear some of my friends talk about you. Something about being heartless?" Valetine asked.
     Carla stared at her blankly. "Don't even start." She said.
     Valentine chuckled. Carla sighed.
     "And yet, another reason to hate myself." Carla mumbled.
     "Ah, it's alright. The flu affected us all differently." Valentine said.
     Carla sighed.
     Valentine then remembered something. She got out her backpack and opened it.
     Carla watched with curiosity.
     Valentine had pulled out a vest and a gun.
     Carla raised an eyebrow.
     Valentine closed the backpack and put it back on her shoulder. She picked up the vest and gun.
     "My boss always has me bring extras for some reason just in case. I thought that now would be the most appropriate time to use these." Valentine said.
     "What are they?" Carla asked.
     "A bullet proof vest and a gun. There should be some extra bullets in the pockets of the vest." Valentine said.
     Carla nodded and put the vest on and carried the gun.
     Luckily, she learned how to shoot when the anarchy had arrived. So she had some knowledge on guns.
     "We should get heading back." Valentine said.

     Carla nodded and started to walk with her.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that chapter!

-GravityFallsFTW896

277 words