Love Conquers All!

"Jessica, we need to discuss something...

Oh lord, I've been dreading to here these words come out from someones mouth, including Ray. Just by hearing his tone of voice he gave towards the words made me knew that something was wrong. Could it be my relationship with Egon?

Oh it is isn't it? All I could do was stand there, looking straight at Ray with major eye contact. TOO CREEPY! I thought Ray was the more happy one in the group, yet I think my thoughts deceived me.  

"What is it... Ray? Please tell me." I begged him.

I could tell that he didn't want to say anything that would harm my feelings, yet, keeping something away from me all this time and not even having the courage to tell me before really does annoy me. I'm 26 for crying out loud, my birthday is in a week and I just don't have the time to be putting up with this. Peter even said if I didn't get a bunch of work done BEFORE my birthday then I'll have to postpone any activities that are actually fun and stay in the firehouse all day until I actually get something done. Which I have, I've been slaving my ass off for hours! Oh I do hate him! 

Thinking how he's able to control me and what I do in this jobs when all I would LIKE to do for once is have a break and help out more than doing actual paper work. Same goes towards Amelia, since we both started this job and since she's had a fling with Ray she's been acting like she owns me, practically like a wicked step-mother. Then we she comes to talk to me she doesn't ask for any help with paperwork when all she wants to do is bitch about people including me in front of my own damn face. 

Sometimes I wish I could just run back off to the United Kingdom and forget that all of this ever happened. But, I can't. I need the money as it is. Basic essentials to live is appalling over here compared to the UK back home where everything you need is very easy to gain access to. 

"It's about your 'feelings' for Egon, he's acted differently ever since you arrived here."

"Is it a bad thing?" I sigh  speaking these words.

"No, it isn't. I'm actually impressed! No one has ever been able to crack Egon's shell and you've done it excellently. Saying that further I need you to get some information out of him about his latest work."

"Alright? But this feels like I'm trespassing his life and work."

"Don't worry, he won't know about anything. Trust me, I know what needs to be done."

"Alright then, what do you need to know exactly so I can ask him?"

He sat down besides me and pulled out a notepad and pen, noting down the information he needed to let me know about. Suddenly, I feel a chill up my spine and feel light headed. This soon caused me to quickly lean back in my chair. I struggled to keep my eyes open as I rubbed my forehead in agony.

 As my heavy eye lids glanced upwards, the room was dark and Damon was stood in front of my desk. How did he get out of the trap!? How!? That's when I felt someone shaking me by the shoulder, and Egon appeared on my right as well as Ray on the right hiding the notepad in my bag. I glanced towards Egon, and as I reached for him I collapsed onto the floor.

"Jessica!"

"Jessica are you alright!? Speak to me!"

I couldn't respond to the two calling to me. I couldn't even move a inch of my body due to the immense pain I was feeling. My whole body felt too hard to move. I just... want to know... if I'm even safe in this world anymore...

Am I safe?

Love doesn't conquer, it controls.

You're weak Jessica!

Get a hold of yourself you weakling!

You don't know better!

You're just a nerd!

Moron!

To Be Continued.