Unfolding Disaster

I ran as fast as my legs could take me. Amelia not far off behind me. Running down a staircase that seemed like an eternity of running from something. My first instinct is to always look out for people even if I don't know them. That's what a good person does, right? I was cautious where I placed my feet when coming down the staircase, as there was scattered pieces of glass and some blood when we reached lower down of my apartment building. This was when I could see the true terror outside... I froze...

Outside... how to describe it...

Three cars are caught up in a collision... a wisps of energy just leaving the car, an energy of a full roaming vapor... this ghost caused the accident... that's when my eyes stayed glued onto one car... I felt Amelia's arms come around my shoulders to support me...

The Ecto-1... was the major car to be smashed into smithereens... I could see them all... Winston...Ray...Peter... and my scientist, my only lover... Dr... Egon..

My knees collapsed onto the broken glass. I didn't show no pain from the glass piercing into my skin. I didn't care what I had to do. I felt a soft wet sensation start to stream down my face. I was crying, and it wouldn't stop. I kept crying and crying as Amelia wanted me to speak. An officer was approaching her behind me to ask about my condition as well as the scene of the crash. That's when a whisper of voice escaped my mouth.

"I can't...." I told myself, yet I couldn't hold back. I ran down the remaining stairs until my feet stopped inches away from the back door of the Ecto-1. I could see Egon's glasses smashed and see the damage done on his face. I placed my hand on the window and without a seconds thought I yanked the door open, allowing it to open on its hinges. Yet, it wouldn't open any further and my arm could just reach through the small gap of the door.

"Egon!" I cried out, "Winston! Ray! Peter! Someone! Please be alive!" the tears continued to stream down my face, I reached my arm inwards to hold onto Egon's hand. I kept struggling and struggling, my fingers slipping off the edge of his hand before I could finally reach it. However, before I could something inside the car distracted me. Winston, who was in the back with Egon, started to groan with agony.

I rushed over to the other side of the car. I tugged and tugged on that door. But no movement would allow the door to open for me. I started banging on the window until the glass smashed and I could reach my hand in to open the door from the inside. I kept reassuring Winston that everything was going to be okay. He looked at me like I was a hero on a day that wasn't expecting. And his expression was correct. With the help of a officer, we freed the door open and without haste grabbed Winston and helped him out onto the concrete road. I lay his head on my lap and attempted to help him with his loss for words.

"Winston, talk to me! Tell me what happened!" I questioned him quickly, my tears falling onto his cheeks.

"We were about to park up to come see you, Egon wouldn't stop making sure that he was dropped off to surprise you. However..." Winston interrupted his sentence with a loud cough, I could see the blood visible. 

"It's alright Winston, first you're going to go to the hospital." Amelia briskly said while a paramedic crew took over to assess his injuries. In an instance, I ran back to the car to grab Egon and to make sure he was alright. But Amelia grabbed my hand and forced me back. 

I wasn't going to let her stop me, furthermore I brushed her off me and forced my way to the car. I entered the car from where the door had been removed for Winston and sat next to his slightly upright body. I removed his glasses and started feeling around to check for a pulse. But something in the corner of my eye grabbed my attention. A small red box? Without thinking the situation over I opened the box, my fingers already doing the task. I stared at the box. A diamond ring!