Tainted Love

-Jessica's POV- 

"Jessica!"

That was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

After feeling a cool sensation placed onto my boiling hot forehead. I finally opened my heavy eyelids after being out cold. My tired eyes slowly glanced to my left to find Egon there. Thanks to him, I was put onto my bed to recover. He placed another damp towel upon my forehead as I let out a pleasant sigh. Having something cold go against something hot is just the best thing you'll ever feel. Yet, he looked a little concerned about me. He's a scientist! I was expecting him to return home and forget about me. But after what had happened, I fully can understand why he's looking after me. I was too weak to say anything. All he simply did was smile slightly at me. I felt so relieved he was showing a smile. I just wanted to laugh and say something on how he should smile more often. Yet, I didn't. The moment was just too good to spoil.

"How do you feel?" He asked me softly. His voice was so gentle it sent goose bumps up my arms.

"Weak. Hot too. I guess I fainted because it reminded me too much about my first and last boyfriend."

"May I ask what happened to him?"

That question was one of the ones I never wanted to answer to Egon. Just talking about it made me sick! I know that its been years since the car crash occurred. Yet, it felt just like yesterday I saw him, then I didn't. I shook my head at Egon responding to his question, he simply remained in a soft tone.

"That's alright. If you do not wish you speak of such a thing I won't dare to bring it up in front of you again."

"I'm glad you understand Dr. Spengler."

"Please, call me Egon."

"Alright, Egon."

I could feel a sharp pain run across my chest. I gritted my teeth together before Egon kissed my cheek ever so softly. He was saying goodbye as he wanted me to rest. He told me if I didn't feel too good in the morning then don't bother to return to work until I've recovered. Facing Amelia would be bad, but facing Venkman is just as bad. The number of Questions he asks, "where did you go?", " who'd you go with? " it just reminds me too much of my mother. Bitch. Never gave a damn in the world about me and my father. Only cared for the money she got out of it. That's why she left, gave too much care about her selfish needs to care about me or my father. But, now that I'm older and my father has found the right person. I can live with peace in my life. Tainted love can cross my mind and sometimes I think it relates to me and Egon. I almost want to burst out in laughter when thinking this. Even though Egon had kissed me and I fainted in the moment, it doesn't mean it will ever happen. It was just a one-off, yeah, a one-off. 

After resting as much as possible, I heard my alarm clock beside me ring. I rolled over to press the off button and at that moment I felt very energetic. I rushed out of bed before glancing at my appearance in the mirror. Gosh did I look good!? I sure did! I grabbed my hairbrush before placing my short hair into a pony-tail. I brushed any loose hairs from my clothes before reaching for my favourite blue styled top and a long black skirt. Gosh did this outfit go together well? I placed some flats onto my feet before reaching for my jacket and purse. Placing my apartment keys inside of my purse I left my apartment and caught a taxi outside of the building. The air was so fresh and cool that it made my day. The sun was shining over New York City. When we first arrived here, the first night had rain. However, now that I've been here for some time, seeing the sun made me want to do lots of work today. The taxi pulled up in front of the firehouse, I paid the driver and entered the building. But to my surprise, the Ecto-1 wasn't there. I approached Janine so she could answer my questions.

"Before you ask, they've gone out on a bust. Amelia is upstairs. Dr Venkman told me for you to return to your office to complete any paperwork you haven't finished." 

And Janine took the words straight out of my mouth. I returned to my office and didn't look at Amelia one bit. Later, she entered my office with a smile on her face.

"I heard you and Egon got it on last night." She giggled.

"Not funny Amelia, I passed out. Anyway, it was nothing." I simply replied.

"Oh please! You got it on with one of the guys it would be hard to do!"

"Amelia! I don't care, ok!? It was nothing, we're just friends."

"Yeah, you sure about that. Anyway, Egon told me to tell you he wants you to go around to his after your shift tonight."

Tonight!? Whatever for Egon, I told you I had plans arranged with my father. He hasn't been so well so for him to get some fresh air is just common. But fine, if you screw anything up or do anything like that again. I'll be ready to handle it, for sure!

End of Chapter 3 - Tainted Love