Trenches Of War

Getting out of the building was built up to be an elaborate plan of stealth and caution, however, Trent failed to consider that he was dragging along me, the least athletic cast member, and Tyler, unarguably the clumsiest loser. So Trent's plan didn't go quite as smoothly as it was made out to be, but it was manageable.

I managed to convince Geoff to cover for us without having him ask too many questions. Geoff never took me as a snitch, so I figured we'd be safe. Frankly, the only real obstacle was getting through the skylight without being noticed. We decided to do this late at night to ensure we wouldn't be caught by another loser.

So we're standing on the pool deck in our jackets looking for a way to open the skylight. It was well into autumn by now and the crisp Canadian breeze was floating off the windows of the pool.

"I brought a rope" Trent said quietly, keeping his voice small in the echoing room.

"What for?" Tyler asked.

Tyler hadn't really dressed for the occasion. He was wearing jeans, what looked like a Maple Leaves t-shirt, and a pair of grungy old court shoes.

"I'm gonna climb up, tie the rope to the rafters, and see if I can get this window open" Trent said looking around for a sturdy path up the wall.

"So then we have to climb? Cause I don't have much upper body strength" I said.

I don't mean to be a whiner, I just have a limited amount of skills. None of which are climbing a rope.

"Hold on!" Trent said loudly, his voice ringing across the pool water.

I flinched.

"Keep it down T"

"Sorry dudes, but I found a better way out"

Tyler and I walked over to where Trent was standing. There was another window that could open.

"Wonderful"

Trent managed to open the window with little effort. The air coming through the open window was sharp. It sent goosebumps across my arms, which were covered by the fleece of my coat.

"Let's bounce" Tyler shivered, crawling through the window. I followed suite, landing on the grass.

Tyler and I are both pretty thin, but Trent's jacked body (Seriously, how often does this guy work out?) was having trouble getting through the narrow split in the window. Once he did, my brain finally adjusted to the fact that we were all violating contracts against the King Of Contracts himself.

As I mentioned, I'm not one for rule-breaking. So getting in potential law-breaking mischief is slightly unnerving for poor Noah.

"What's the plan, Stan?" I tried asking Trent, but he was staring slack-jawed at the distance. I squinted, trying to see what he was distracted by.

"You've got to be joking" he muttered.

"Trent, dude?"

Trent's eyes refocused, making him flinch slightly.

"That's the film lot, those towers over there"

Trent pointed a finger towards two wiry frames of towers that looked like they were bearing lights. 

"So McLean imprisoned us on the sidelines of his game, huh? Go figure" Tyler said, his arms folded.

"You rode that limousine over here. Didn't you notice it was just right here?" I asked Trent, whose face was still with disbelief.

He shook his head.

"I swear the ride was like twenty minutes after I was voted off"

"To be fair, he was sobbing the whole time" Tyler teased.