Introduction

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

If the time of prayer has been called and you haven't prayed before reading this, please do so.

***

Assalamu'alaykum! Peace be upon you all. It's me, back after a long time with part two! If you haven't read part one, please do so since this book is a continuation of the last one.

It was never a part of my initial plan to write a sequel, but all praise is due to Allah that I'm here tapping away at the introduction to my second novel. I want to thank all of you for your unconditional support. Hitting 100,000 reads was something I never imagined would happen two years ago and so I thank you for every vote, every comment and every message. Thank you to my friends who support and cherish this story just as I do. Thank you to Muna J & Muna M, for fangirling over Dawud with me and giving me the confidence and help to write a sequel. Thank you to Maïssane, for being such a huge supporter. And I love you all for the sake of Allah, for that is the best type of love.

Like I said in the introduction of the first book, this is a book that follows basic Islamic principles. It is for people of all beliefs as well, so if a term is mentioned that you do not understand, I'll have a list of regular terms used by Muslims below, where you can refer back to throughout the story. If you're searching for an overly-sexual and vulgar story, you've got the wrong book! Nevertheless, it is mature for a reason. I would also like to clarify that although my book is titled as a Muslim Love Story, in no way does it speak for Islam. The characters are flawed and not even the slightest bit perfect. Ultimately, I would like to add that all good that has come from the previous book and the good that will come from this book is from Allah and only Allah, Glorious and Exalted be He. I understand that Wattpad is a huge platform and my writing can have an impact on every one of you. Therefore, please take the good from the novel and forgive me for any bad that comes from it. Wallahi, I try my best to purify my intentions as I'm writing so do not think badly of me. All mistakes from the previous book and the mistakes that will come from this book are from myself and Shaytan, and for that, I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Please keep me in your prayers, for I need them desperately.

Your muslimah,

Sumaya xx

List of commonly used words by Muslims

When we meet another Muslim:

"As salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu"
(May the mercy, peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.)

And they will reply: "Wa Alaykum Aalam wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu"
(May the peace mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you.)

When we praise God:

"Alhamdulillah" & "SubhanAllah" ( 'All the praises are due to Allah' & 'How free from imperfections is Allah'.)

When we eat:

"Bismillah" (In the name of Allah )

When the name of Prophet Muhammad is mentioned

"SalAllahu Alayhi wa Salam" ( may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him )

When we hear of someone's death

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun." (To Allah we belong and to Him we return.)

When you see something bad

"A'uthu Billah" ( I seek refuge in Allah )

When showing appreciation for something

"masha'Allah" ( as Allah wills)

When making a mistake and seeking forgiveness

"Astaghfirullah." ( may Allah forgive me )

When planning to do something

"insha'Allah" ( as Allah wills)

Prayers:

The five daily prayers are obligatory for Muslims and they are performed at times determined by the position of the Sun in the sky.

Fajr : Pre-dawn prayer
Dhuhr: The midday prayer
Asr: The afternoon prayer
Maghrib: The prayer begins when the sun sets
Isha: The night prayer starts when the red light is gone from the western sky and lasts until the rise of the "white light" in the east.