Chapter 5: The Cheater

Jason's POV

I woke up and immediately saw my beautiful girlfriend, Amber, sleeping. She snored a bit, but for some reason, I loved that about her.

My phone buzzed and when I disconnected it from the charger, I saw a message from Tiffany.

From: Tiffany 😒

"Hey babe. I heard you went to Cali to visit Amber. I hope you don't forget about me while you're over there 😉"

To: Tiffany 😒

"I'm sorry Tiffany but I don't have any feelings for you. I only love Amber. Can you just act like it never happened?"

After that, Tiffany didn't reply. Two weeks after Amber left Chicago, Tiffany and I started to hang out. She was more like a girl best friend. One night she came to my house because she was bored. We talked a lot and then she kissed me. I kissed her back, then I realized what I was doing and pushed her away. I'm planning on telling Amber, I just don't know how.

"Good morning" Amber said as she kissed my cheek.

Amber's POV

"Good morning" I said while kissing Jason's cheek lightly.

"Morning beautiful" He answered before our lips collided. That kiss then turned into a heavy make out session.

"Wanna get some breakfast?" I said before things got more heated.

"Sure babe. Whatever you want" He replied while staring directly at my eyes.

"How about a homemade breakfast? I really don't want to leave the house" I said truthfully. I thought we could bump into Cameron and I really did not want that to happen. He was acting a bit weird and I think I know why.

He was on his period.

Cameron's POV

I've been wanting to talk to Amber, or at least hang out but all she does now is hang out with Jason. She's been avoiding me for the past two days. I miss her.

After eating my breakfast, I went to Amber's house. As I knocked on the front door I heard Amber laughing.

"Hey!" Amber greeted after she opened the door. Jason was behind her looking a bit suspicious.

"Hey doll face!" I replied while hugging her. Jason knew she was my best friend so I hope he's not jealous. Although I was kind of hoping he was.

"Come on in" Jason said while faking a smile."Want some pancakes? They're delish. Amber cooked them." He stated while giving Amber a soft kiss.

Oh Lord, why can't I just beat the crap out of this guy?

"Ummm... I'm in the mood for some smoothies. Jason, can you pleaseeee go get some? You can take my car." Amber asked with goo goo eyes.

"Sure sweetie. Text me what flavor smoothies each of you guys want. Oh, and where is the shop exactly?" Jason asked.

"Next to the Taco Bell we went to yesterday" Amber smiled giving her boyfriend the keys to her car.

After Jason left, I said "So, he's a nice guy." I tried to fake a smile but I just couldn't something was about this guy was just wrong.

"Yeah, he really is. I'm gonna go text him the flavors. Yours is strawberry banana right?" I nodded.

After she went into the living I was alone in the kitchen. I heard a ringtone, but it wasn't mine. It came from a phone that was on the counter.

There was a message from Amber and Tiffany. Amber's message were the flavors for the smoothies, so I assumed it was Jason's phone. The message from Tiffany was a completely different subject.

From: Tiffany

"Hey, I know I kissed you, but you also kissed me back. So clearly you do have feelings for me. You're just in denial."

I can't believe it. Jason cheated on Amber! I have to tell her. Wait, no. Jason should do it. But when I turned around it was too late. Amber was behind me with tears in her eyes. She read the text. Even though I had thought of this moment over and over, I never thought she would look so heartbroken. So I did the only thing I could do to support her right now. I hugged her.