Chapter 41: Don't Stay. Go.

Cameron's POV

"Cameron, I don't think I should go to Stanford"

"You what?" I asked shocked. That came out of nowhere.

"I don't think I-" I cut her off.

"I heard" I began, "That's crazy"

"No it's not. I just, I know that I will regret not going to Stanford, but I'll regret leaving you even more"

I walked out of the pool slowly. Trying to analyze what just happened. I grabbed a towel that was in a chair and wrapped it around my body. I ran my hands through my hair, sighing.

"Don't just stand there. Say something" Amber said breaking the silence.

"I-" I began having trouble pronouncing the words that were about to escape my mouth "You-you can't stay. You have to go"

"Why?" she asked stepping out of the pool and wrapping another towel around her curvy body.

"Because you have to pursue your dream. I won't be able to live with myself if you didn't go. Just because of me"

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" she snapped.

"No. I told you. I want you to go. Do it for me" I said trying to reach for her hand but she moved it backwards, scoffing.

"I want to stay for you. Not leave for you. Cameron, you're so confusing. I thought you would be happy" she spit out putting her dress on. Still wet.

"I'm honored that you would stay for me. But trust me you will regret it in time. You will regret not going to Stanford. I know you well enough to know you will. Go. For me"

"We won't see each other anymore! Is that what you want?!" she yelled throwing her arms up in the air.

"No! Of course not!" I began raising my voice, "I would so want you to stay. But I'll feel too guilty. Everytime we hang out, I'll remember that you gave up your dream for me! I know we won't see each other for months, but everytime I'm able to, I'll come visit. Every chance I get. And if we grow apart, and after you graduate college you wanna look for me. Then I'll be here waiting. Always and forever, Amber Martin. Always and forever"

"You should want me to stay if you really love me. You should support my decision. But if you want me to go, for good, fine Cameron Dallas. I'll go. Just don't wait for me. Don't visit. Don't even call me. I won't come back" she said turning around and walking to the door. I just stood there. Schocked. Heartbroken. Out of breath. For some reason I couldn't move. I didn't stop her. That was the stupidest thing I ever did.

Amber's POV

"Please stop me. Please stop me from leaving. Please" I whispered to myself hoping he would call out my name of turn me around and kiss me passionately. Anything. Absolutely anything that would stop me from leaving. But he didn't.

Crying, running, and breathing rapidly. That was all I was doing. Trying to find my way out of this hotel.

"This hotel is so fucking huge! Godammit!" I yelled frustrated throwing one of my shoes at a wall.

"Yeah. I know. Don't have to make such a big deal" A familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Ricky with his obnoxious smirk in his face. It just made me want to slap it off.

"What do you want?!"

"Woah" he began chuckling but suddenly, he stopped. His eyes connected with mine and I suppose he noticed I was crying because suddenly, he hugged me.

"What's wrong?" he asked sympathetically holding my head with his right hand as I sobbed into his chest.

"Cameron doesn't want me to stay. He wants me to go to Stanford. He says he'll feel guilty being the only reason I stay. He doesn't understand that he's more important"

"Stanford huh?" he asked as if that was the only word he heard.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked pulling away from the hug.

"No reason. Want a ride home?" he asked and I nodded. Then, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder comfortingly.

"Cameron doesn't deserve a girl like you if he's that willing to let her go just like that. Like it's not a big deal" he commented after we entered his red Audi R8. This kid must be rich.

"Thanks Ricky" I fake smiled. Trying for it to seem as real as possible.

"It's the truth darling" he teased. I chuckled and shook my head remembering how he said he would call me 'darling' just to tease me. He placed his hand on my thigh. He did it in the less seductive way possible, as if he was attempting to comfort me. He started driving and I looked out the window, thinking about Cameron. Letting all the tears escape my eyes at their leisure. I felt my phone vibrate. Cameron's cute yet frustrating face popped up on the screen. I declined the call and went back to my soft crying.

That was the last I heard of Cameron Dallas. For years.

A/N I know it's short! But this chapter was just a ending to their love story. For now. Maybe. Don't worry. The book isn't over. I still have a lot left to write. I think you'll love it.

Bye bye cuties.

See ya ;)