Chapter 42: Four Years...

***Four Years Later***

Amber's POV

"Um. Hello. I'm Amber Martin" I began. I adjusted my cap so that the yellow string was on the left side of my head, and smiled. "This day, is a day I had dreamed of most of my life. The day we finally graduate college." I pause and let my graduating class shout in excitement for a moment. "Stanford has been everything I hoped for. The campus, the teachers, friends... everything. I remember when I first started Stanford. It was like an entirely different planet. It was so unique, beautiful, intriguing. The dorm rooms were small, I'm not gonna lie. But it also felt like home for some reason. I had dreamed of Stanford since I was nine years old and my Grandpa died of cancer. He always wanted me to go to Stanford, but I never got to know why it was so special to him. But I applied. And well I got accepted. So after making the decision to leave home... and everyone behind, I ended up here. Scared as hell. Everyone was so kind, well most of them at least. There were ups and downs, but mostly ups. I fell in love with the love of my life here. Who would of thought I would fall in love with my Pshycology 101 T.A.? But well, things happen. I am so proud of each of us. We all made our dreams come true because we fought hard and we didn't give up. All of us are about to leave here for good. Fours years of our lives. Four amazing years. This is the time when we make the best mistakes of our lifes. When we choose our paths. When we finally find out who we are. When we fall in love" I paused and looked at my amazing fiance, "Well, some of us have already fallen in love here. Including me. Twenty years from now, this school, the teachers, the principal, no one will remember us. But we will remember them. Stanford isn't just a place you forget. I think we all know that. And well, fellow graduates of 2019, I want you to celebrate cause we did it! We finally did it! We are graduating!" I finished my valedictorian speech, all of my friends were clapping. I sat down next to my closest friend here at Stanford, Chloe.

If you all are wondering what I mayored in, it was pshyscology.

"That was great" she smiled hugging me.

"Thanks C" I replied ending the hug.

"John Atterson" the principal started calling out names so we could each get our diplomas.

"Congrats babe" My fiance said kissing my ear seductively.

"Stop it!" I giggled turning around and glaring at him playfully.

"Go! You're up" he said putting his hand on my back pushing me softly so I would stand up and get my diploma.

"What if I fall and make a fool of myself?"

"You won't. Just focus on me. You'll be fine" he said.

I stood up and walked towards the stage in my heels. Focusing so I wouldn't fall. When I reached the top, I grabbed my diploma and focused on him, just like he said I should. I succesfully got off the stage after hugging my teachers, without falling and went back to my seat.

"You are victorious. You have succesfully passed the challenge of getting your diploma without humiliating yourself" he said smirking.

"I have you to thank" I winked and he shook his head.

"Graduating class of 2019, please get up" the principal, Mrs. O'Kent, began. We all got up and placed the yellow string on our cap to the right side of our heads. "Now I please to tell you... you have officially graduated!" she yelled through the microphone and we all threw our caps in the hair, screaming joyfully. Mine got lost in the bunch of other ones and my fiance suddenly appeared with mine in his hand.

"Looking for this?" he said and I wrapped my arms around his neck after placing the cap back on my head. He placed his arms around my waist and I leaned in for a quick, soft kiss. Knowing my fiance, he went for the wild kiss and I accepted. He wasn't graduating today. He had already graduated my sophomore year of college. Now, he was working towards being the Physcology 101 teacher. I'm so proud of him.