Chapter 39: Second Guessing Previous Decisions

*Two weeks later*

"Shit! I am so stupid!" I yelled.

"What?" Maddie asked waking up and rubbing her eyes.

"I forgot to buy a prom dress" I explained getting my purse.

"We'll just go to a few boutiques, it's no big deal" she replied which made me calm down a bit.

She went into her bathroom and closed the door. I went downstairs and a few minutes later, Maddie appeared with a beanie, a white sweater, some ripped shorts and her black converse. I'm always been a bit jealous of Maddie's beauty, she's absolutely perfect.

"Ready?" I asked and she nodded.

"Where ya going?" Ricky asked staring at me.

"We're gonna go buy a prom dress for Amber" she answered, "And stop checking Amber out!"

"I'm coming with" he began, "And I was not checking her out" he blushed.

.

.

.

"How about this one?" Maddie asked holding a red silky prom dress in her hands. I nodded and took it, closing the curtain for some privacy. "I'm gonna go look for some other options" she announced.

I was currently in my underwear when the curtain opened halfway. Ricky was there, holding a pink poofy dress.

"Dude!" I yelled trying to cover myself with the first dress I could find. Which, unfortunately was the shortest dress I had tried on.

"Nice" he stated completely checking me out. I threw the dress at him and closed the curtain.

"Perv!" I began, "And by the way, pink isn't and has never been my color!" I yelled causing him to chuckle.

I liked how the red dress looked on me, it made me look really curvy.

"Perfect" Maddie and Ricky said in unison after I opened the curtain.

I heard my phone ring and Cameron face popped up on the screen. I answered.

"Hey Cam" I greeted and smiled.

"Hey baby. What're you doing?"

"Picking out my prom dress. I think I found the one" I answered looking in the mirror.

"Can't wait to see it. And perhaps take it off" he said seductively.

"Cameron Alexander Dallas!" I whisper/yelled through the phone but at the same time blushed while he chuckled lightly. Thank god he couldn't see me right now.

"Hurry up and get to your house" he demanded while I finished putting my normal clothes on.

"Why?" I asked paying for the dress.

"I'm here. Prom's in five days and well, I wanted to surprise you. Oh and tell Maddie Nash is here too" after he said that and hung up, I squealed out of excitement. Wow. Did I really just do that?

.

.

.

"Cameron!" I yelled tackling him after I opened the door to my home. Maddie did the same, but with Nash. I ended the hug and noticed Ricky was by the door, staring at us awkwardly.

"Hey Ricky" Cam and Nash said in unison. I figured they just knew him through Joey, Maddie's brother.

"Hey. Uh, I'm gonna head out. See ya at the house Maddie" he said and left.

"Hey! You're finally here!" My Mom greeted with her 'friend', Dr. Flinn, with one arm around her waist. Blah.

"Yeah. We were just gonna go to Cam's house. Right Cameron?" I said starring at his eyes begging for a way out of this house.

We went to Cam's house and said hi to everyone. Cam and I were in his bare room and Nash and Maddie were downstairs on the couch.

"It's so empty" he commented referring to his room. I just nodded lightly and held his hand, drawing circles with my thumb.

"I can't believe you're going to Stanford" he frowned.

"Hey" I said lifting his forehead, "we have lots of time left. It'll be okay. Okay?" I asked and he nodded.

He leaned in, connecting our lips. A billion butteflies exploded in my stomach.

I started thinking about Stanford. Should I really go? I mean, is going to Stanford worth losing Cameron? I didn't think so. But I'm gonna go. I wanna have a good future.

But what if Cameron Alexander Dallas is my future?

A/N I know it's short! And I know that this chapter was supposed to be longer. And I know I haven't updated in centuries! But I was grounded the entire weekend cause I'm too 'disrespectful" and I was gonna publish the chapter this morning, but it got erased and I had to write it all over again, but with less details. So yeah, sorry for the sucky chaper guys. And thanks for the whatever reads I have right now, I haven't checked in a while.

Love you guys!