Chapter Twenty One: Childhood Trauma

Yui's POV:
While we're at the toy store, I was looking at the Roy's with Soren where I am gushing like a child in a candy store.

"Omg so many toys!"

I happily cheered as I turned to Soren who can't stop staring and smiling at the electronic puppies and kittens who are barking and meowing at the entrance.

I giggled at the sight of him where I find it adorable to see him like this.

Heehee Soren's so cute!

"Thank you."

"Huh? Oh hehehe minding reading..."

I giggled a bit awkwardly but Soren chuckled softly with a cute grin.

"You sure love cute things don't ya?"

I asked curiously with a playful grin.

"Hehe you can say that, I was pretty excited when I saw this thing."

He replied with a soft cute grin and light blush across his face.

"Hehe I can tell, I bet you love playing with these types of toys right?"

I asked playfully with Soren narrowing his eyes a bit awkwardly with a shy smile.

"Well...not really...I have a few, but when I saw this electronic dog, it reminds me of my childhood."

He calmly stated as he grins warmly at the fond memories of his parents before his sweet smile turns into a sad frown.

"...I once have a toy like this that my mother gave to me before she and my dad died...."

He sadly stated as I felt my heart strings pulled when I remembered Roy mentioning about their parents. However I felt really bad for him.

"You really missed your parents."

I acknowledged him as Soren slightly nods his head with a sad smile but tries to hide it.

"I do, but...that was in the past so don't worry about it."

He assured me with a fake smile, but I can tell he's lying. As I was about to asked him, we soon heard Aaron calling for us who has a bunch of Rick and Morty stuff.

"Hey guys! You done yet? Roy want us back at Sears!"

He reminded us.

"Oh right! Come on Soren, we'll talk about later ok?"

"Mhm."

After we left the toy store, Aaron and I were talking about what we get from the mall however I couldn't stop looking at Soren where I'm quite worried about Soren who is walking behind me with his hoodie on looking depressed.

He's definitely hiding something....

I thought while knowing that Soren is reading my mind right now but he didn't say anything.

"Hey."

"Wha? Oh sorry Aaron."

"Y'all are quiet all of the sudden, did something happen between y'all?"

He asked curiously.

"Oh no! We're just talking about stuff! Soren and I were just talking about the electronic puppy that he likes."

I replied a bit awkwardly as I lied about Soren telling me a bit about his childhood. Aaron doesn't seem to believe me, but he lets it go for a minute.

"What cha get?"

He asked curiously.

"Well neither of us didn't get anything, we just look basically."