Chapter 12

Long one?

The door burst open downstairs. (A/N Since it's Christmas I'll be nice and it'll be Percy) Could it be? I really hoped so. I took Silena in my arms and ran quickly downstairs. And there was my Seaweed Brain. He had my favorite chocolates and some chick-flicks that I hadn't watched yet. He also had some baby toys. 

"Percy" I breathed running to him with Silena in my arms. I passed Silena to him and watched the pure joy and love appear on his face. 

"My two favorite people in the world," He said. I didn't want to mention his mom. He dragged me to the living room and we had chocolate and popcorn and watched all sorts of movies. We all fell asleep on the couch. 

My phone started ringing. (A/N I really wanted to end it here)

"Hello this is Annabeth Jackson," I said I still smiled at the last part. So did Percy. The person on the other line started talking, I was stunned. 

"What is it?"  Percy asked when I finished my call, he looked so cute when he worried. (A/N Or here) 

"Well, I have been asked to design a building that will replace one that was destroyed by crocodiles." Percy looked at me confused. 

"Oh that's what the mortals saw, they were really monsters." I clarified. 

"Oh" Was all he said. 

"Percy if I do it I'll be paid $100,000" That got his attention. 

"Well that's good, then we can get the horses we've always wanted" He sounded excited.

"Yeah" Already thinking about my future as an architect. Silena's loud crying snapped me out of my trance. Percy was gone. I heard the familiar sound of Riptide turning from pen to sword and the only thing I did was hold onto Silena protecting her. I heard swords clashing and lots of yelling. 

Percys POV

The Romans weren't very quiet. I ran outside and found myself against a small group of about ten Romans. Luckily, Annabeth thought to put lots of birdbaths around our house. I washed half of them away and had to fight the rest. Protecting my family was the only thing I had in mind. And when my energy started to fade I drank some water and thought about my family. I had eventually injured all of them to the point where if they moved they were cut. By that time campers came to help take them away. Chiron came to get the story. I took him inside. 

"Well they weren't very quiet so I heard them coming and of course Riptide was in my pocket so I went outside," I told them the rest of the story and thankfully they were good listeners. 

"I will contact Camp Jupiter to get some more details and hopefully this was just a misunderstanding." Annabeth and I nodded in agreement. Once Chiron left I put Silena to bed and went into my room to take a nap. I found Annabeth there waiting for me. 

"Hey Annabeth," I said as I sat down next to her.

"Hi Seaweed Brain, I want to know what happened between you and your mom." She said. 

"Don't call her my mom, call her Sally" I mumbled. 

"It was that bad?" She asked sounding worried, she was cute when she worried but that wasn't the point. 

"Just don't worry about it," I said walking away, ready to sleep in one of the guest bedrooms. She let me go. I really didn't expect that. I slept until dinner and even then Annabeth put Silena on me and let her crawl on me and scratch me. I laughed and sat up. 

"Okay, okay I'm up," I said Annabeth was laughing from the doorway. 

"When she got up I let her crawl and she crawled straight here, she knew you were here," She said thoughtfully. 

"Maybe she can feel my misery" I grumbled picking her up and tickling her. 

"Let's go make Halloween treats" Annabeth suggested. 

"As long as you deliver them to Sally," I said trying to walk downstairs but Annabeths agile body blocked me. 

"I'm going to get the story from one of you and when I do I'm going to fix this," She said confidently. 

"Oh, so you're a therapist now," I said trying to push past her. 

"No, but I have brains, I can use that," She said then added "I can't stand seeing my husband miserable every time someone says the word 'mom' I just can't" With that she let me pass. I kissed her but she didn't kiss me back, instead, she squirmed away from me.

"What was that for?" I asked getting angry.

"Don't kiss me until you give me the story" She replied.

"Well, then no goodnight kisses anymore" I grumbled. I started down the stairs. 

"You'll give in eventually" She called down. 

No cliffhanger! Aren't you happy? Thanks for still being here 12 chapters people 12! I'm crying right now. (jkjkjk)