Chapter thirteen

Adams pov

It was my turn to perform. I felt my heart pumping fast as I started to walk onto stage. As soon as I stepped up to my microphone, all I could hear was the beating of my heart. I heard distant cheers of fans screaming my name. I didn't know if I could do this. Not without Max.

I took a deep breathe.

"My name is Adam Gonteir. For a while, Max was my adopted daughter. I loved having her with me. She was my friend, my daughter, my saviour. Whenever I had a hard time, whenever I felt like falling down, Max was there for me.

I realised that I lived and breathed music with Max. She was my inspiration. She was like a star, burning bright in the night sky. She was why I lived, and why I continued to make music.

It's hard, it's unjustifying to know that she was bullied and no one tried to stop it. Its not right that Max died, that Max committed suicide because she was fed up with this life. She was sick and tired of all these people trying to make her feel like she did.

Max tried to teach us through music to never give up. To get back in our feet and fight for what's right. I admired her for that.

But then again, music isn't the same without her. So that is why this is my last concert. This is the last time I stand before you on a stage. The first and last time I sing about Max and her story. The last time I come into stage and remember her through music. It's not music without Max. So that us why I quit.

Now without further adieu, this is we will never forget."

I wonder if I made the right decision in leaving music. It may be my worst decision, but it was true.

It's not music,

It's not rock,

Without her.

Without Max.