eight

I touched the top of my head, that was as hard as a rock. My hair was slicked back into the tightest pony tail possible, and hairspray covered the top of my hair. There was a colorful bow tied into the pony tail and ten pounds of makeup on my face. Thank god Autumn knows how to apply makeup without making me look like a hooker. 

I had a lot of eye shadow and mascara on. My lips had really, really red lipstick on them and cheeks looked really rosy. 

I pulled on the sleeves of my shirt and rearranged my boobs so they were a bit more comfortable. I breathed out a heavy sigh and Jack rubbed my shoulders. "You're going to do great. You're going to be standing on girls' hands and holding other girls' feet, but baby you re on top. You're going to smile brightly and come off that mat with a first place smile. And I'm going to pick you, spin you around, and give you the longest kiss of your life. You're going to feel like the most important girl in the world. Because that's exactly what you are to me. The most important girl." 

I pun around so I was facing him and gave him a quick kiss. "Lipstick." I said and he nodded. He kissed my forehead and they called for my team. 

"It's now or never." He said and I nodded. He smiled at me and I ran onto the mat with everyone else. 

"Go Lacy!!!!" Autumn yelled, while all of the boys clapped loudly. 

The music started for the routine and so far, it was going smoothly. standing on Chelsea and Brittney's hands, flying up and landing in their arms. 

After the five minute routine I stood on one of Chesea's hands, and one of Brittney's. I held Mickey's foot in my left hand, and Cece's foot in my right hand. I smiled brightly and we held this giant pose for a good twenty second before everyone started clapping and cheering. Everyone dropped, leaving me in the air. 

Chelsea and Brittney brought me down but quickly back up again, throwing my into the air. I did a full twist and landed in their arms before stepping onto the mat and running over to Jack who had open arms. 

I jumped into them and wrapped my legs around his waist, burying my head into his neck. He spun me in a circle before putting my down again. "You did great!" He yelled and I smiled. 

"I told you." He said and crashed his lips into mine. 

No, we weren't dating yet. But we acted like it. It would usually bother me to just act like a couple without actually being one, but with Jack I didn't care. I didn't care about having a stupid title. I didn't care about anything other than the fact that I knew that I was his, and he was mine. 

Because with Jack, I felt important. I didn't need to be perfect. I could be imperfect and still be happy. I didn't feel the need to be this perfect girl that had everything. As long as I had Jack, I didn't need anything else, but Jack. 

"Earth to Lacy." Autumn said waving a hand in front of my face. 

"Sorry." I said and smiled. 

She turned me around and I aw that everyone was going to the center of the gym. Handing out trophies. 

My team waited, and waited to be called. Third? No. Second? No. We were secretly okay with that because if we didn't get first, we were disappointed anyways. 

"And in first place..." The announcer said before taking the car out of the envelope. "The LA Flippers!" *Totally made that up. If it's an actual squad I apologize, if it's not, then cool.* He yelled and we all jumped in the air. I ran up to him and took the trophy out of his hand before holding it up high and screaming. 

Two girls ran and picked me up on their shoulders. 

Today's been a good day.