eighteen

I scrolled through my twitter feed before Jack's phone buzzed loudly from my dresser next to my bed. I looked and saw the name "Sara" with an annoyed emoji and laughed. I decided to answer and smirked.

"Hello?" I answered and heard stuff moving around.

"Who the hell is this?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Lacy." I said and she laughed.

"So you're the girlfriend?" She asked and my smile faded.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Who the hell are you?" I asked and she scoffed.

"Jack and I are... Friends." She said unsure and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh really?" I asked with an unpleasant tone.

"Yeah. A lot closer than you two." She said and I nodded, blinking away the tears that were forming. What the hell was going on.

"Why are you calling Jack?" I asked, anger laced throughout my voice.

"Just wondering if hes bored of you yet." She said and I covered my mouth, trying really hard to hold the tears in.

"What would he want to do with you?" I asked and she laughed.

"Everything that you two don't do." She said and I let a tear fall.

"Leave Jack alone." I said and hung up before slamming my foot down on the ground, making a loud noise that you could probably hear from downstairs. Jack came out of the bathroom with his jeans on, and his tank top in his hand. He just got out of the shower so he was still drying his hair with the towel.

I had my arms crossed with my hand holding his phone. "Who the fuck is Sara?" I asked and he sighed.

"Lacy, you don't understand." He said and I looked away from him.

"Get out." I said and he took a step towards me.

"Lacy don't." He said and I threw his phone at him. Thank god he caught it.

"Leave. Please. Just get out." I said and he sighed.

"Lacy please just let me-"

"Leave Jack!" I yelled and he walked out.

"No!" He yelled and I flinched. "You do this every time something happens. You never let me explain and you always throw me out before I can explain my shit! Lacy stop jumping to conclusions and listen to me." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't want to listen to you right now." I said and he shook his head. "I don't want to listen to you tell me about her. I don't want you to describe her and I don't want to listen to you. So just leave." I said and he sighed.

"Dammit Lacy. You can't push me away! You always do this!" He yelled and I turned to face him.

"And you always do this! You do something idiotic and I have to fucking forgive you for it!" I yelled and he laughed.

"Idiotic? You know what. Then don't forgive me? Nobody makes you. You don't have to do anything. So I'm going to walk out of this room. I'm going to drive home and tomorrow you'll be knocking on my door, explaining how you want to hear the story. It's a rerun Lacy. They're all reruns!" He yelled the last part and the tears fell.

"Well i'm sorry! I can't fix myself Jack! I've tried. I've tried a lot of things and nothing works. When I do something that helps me you guys get mad at me and force me to stop! What do you want from me!?" I yelled and he dropped his shirt and towel, throwing his phone on top of them.

"I want you to listen to me. I want you to know that you don't have to hurt yourself when you could listen to me." He said and I shook my head.

"I can listen to you but the thoughts stay. The thought of you fucking somebody else burns in the back of my mind and it doesn't go away until a worse thought comes Jack. Listening doesn't help." I said and he laughed.

"That's what you think? That I have sex with other girls? You're so caught up in what you think happens. You're too blind to see what's really happening." He said and I shook my head.

"And you're too blind to see how I feel. What if I was in the shower and some guy called my phone. So you answered, and he told you that he was there when I got bored of you?" I yelled and his eyes widened.

"She said that?" He asked and I nodded. "Lacy I haven't seen Sara in over six months. She's my sister's friend. She's obsessed with me. Lacy don't-" He said but I shook my head.

"Just leave." I said and he sighed.

"Fine." He said and walked out.

I sat on the floor of my room, leaning against my bed while I muffled my cries into a pillow.

Well this is great.