Fifteen

Newt had fallen asleep on the girl's sofa while she slept in her bed. It was a quiet night, the two lost in their thoughts. When the sun had risen, the girl had already been awake and cooking breakfast. Newt had woken up to the smell of flapjacks and strawberries, one of his favorites. He never had seen the girl wake up early, coming to him as a surprise. He had drowsily walked into the kitchen, looking for the girl as he had done so. He had heard a soft humming, and he had blinked a couple times before he had noticed the girl standing there, only in an oversized shirt.

"You're up early." He had commented, the girl looking over almost surprised. She had looked back to the food before placing it in a dish. "I usually have nightmares, so I wake up early." She said a bit blandly before handing the male the dish. He had furrowed his brows slightly as he had sat down, taking a bite of the food. "Nightmares?" He had asked while chewing. "Of what?" He had finished.

The girl seemed to be lost in thoughts for a couple moments before she had blinked a couple times, popping a small strawberry into her mouth. "I always dream about this man, how we were together and how in love we were, then, it just, jumbles up and becomes scary. Losing everything I know..." She had spoken in a whisper, as if she had said it out loud it would become reality and she would live this all out. Newt knew she was remembering her old memories with him, and it broke his heart to hear. He had continued to eat, avoiding her eyes. She had sighed gently, eating another strawberry.

"It all feels so real, every time. I just.. I wish I knew why."

Newt wouldn't dare to say it.