love.

Chapter 18
(I love you)

❝᷀Baekhyun❝᷀༎third person༎

❝᷀Baekhyun❝᷀
third person

_____________
˚Garden[ガーデン]

The sole of fingertips graze sweaty skin underneath the blazing heat of the sun. Foreheads shine with glimmers of sweat and red skin as the ultraviolet light beats against their flesh. It's been weeks since Baekhyun has seen the sun again.  His last time he was under the sun he was regretting every choice he made instead of enjoying the little things he did have.

His skin had began to grow even paler due to the lack of vitamin D infiltrating squishy, soft skin. Red splotches started to form on Baekhyun's forehead, forearms, and his bare back beneath the blazing heat of the sun.

His mom would kill him if she knew he wasn't wearing sunscreen.

The male beside him started to sport a light redness himself, his arms and back reddening. Turning to face his boyfriend, Baekhyun smiles shyly.
"You're getting sunburnt." It took a while to get used to the elders abs baring their masculinity in front of him.

There are six squares, hard and ink defined against the red males stomach that's glistening with sweat. Baekhyun couldn't help but feel self conscious compared to him. Both being bare chested under the sunlight with backs bent, picking up flowers for the new shipment of vases for the dining room.

Not only is Baekhyun baffled that deliveries were still made because basically monsters have overruled the world, but he guesses monsters can have jobs too. If you think about it, Baekhyun was- may be one of the only humans alive. Of course, Minseok, Luhan, and Kyungsoo were human but they have mates. Mates that changed their bodies from before.

One example can be from men getting pregnant. It's not that there were a few cases of male pregnancies before, but it was super uncommon and happened almost once every two hundred years.

This makes Baekhyun think. Monsters have taken over South Korea for sure, but is the rest of the world involved too? The monsters aren't dumb like many old movies portray them to be, they are smart and know how to live amongst humans.

Chanyeol himself is a monster, eating old and new smelly carcasses for dinner with a side of blood poured into a small bowl. Monster. Chanyeol.  Do the two nouns really go together?

Baekhyun's hands inch away from tending the rosebuds and he thinks. Burring his eyebrows together he asks himself, is Chanyeol really a monster?  His eye's lead to the male standing by him once again, this time instead of admiring his body he looks at how the giant takes care of the flowers.

Chanyeol's hands are delicate within handling the weak poppies, his fingers are twirling the stem between his pointer finger and middle finger carefully, seeming afraid to hurt it. Quickly turning away, Baekhyun almost hits himself for calling the older man a monster.