Chapter 33: Agreements

Y/N's POV

"Guys, the dance is in two days! Please, please, please, please! Tell me all of you are going to be there." Intertwining my fingers together as I beg for their affirmation, I eye them.

"Hahahaha, no." Janna says as she bites on the sandwich she has in her hands. What a classic. I look over to Star and Jackie-who I would appreciate if they would bother to even come.

"No Janna, not coming." Star declares as she twirls her wand, pointing to Janna. Then Jackie, "Sorry Y/N but it's a bit uncomfortable for me to come without anyone to go with." She shrugs.

Yusi tugs me by the shirt and beams. "Don't worry Y/N! I'll be there for you!" She enthusiastically says while planting her hand on my shoulder. I smile at the sound of this. Then, sighed.

"It's okay, Y/N. Let's not force people to come." Marco adds in. I pout. "Hey, hey, hey. At least we're together right?" He tries to lay a positive outlook on the situation as he plasters another smile.

This made me smile too.

"BARFF!" Janna mimics and pretends to be sick. I roll my eyes at her. "At least I'm not the creepy loner here." I stick my tongue out.

"Ha! Who says I'm a loner? Sure I may be creepy but for sure I am no loner. I have Star!" Janna puts her arm over Star's shoulders. Star beams.

"Both of you are homos." Yusi comments m, referring to Star and Janna. Janna shrugs and Star sticks out her tongue. "We're not the ones throwing ourselves over Y/N's heavenly body." She rolls her eyes.

As of now, Yusi is clinging unto me like some sort of monkey who's body is entirely glued on the branch. Yeah, good observation, Star.

"Can't we all just bail the dance? Last time I attended it was a mess. All of us can still hang out together. At the same place and at the same time." Jackie suggests, putting her elbows on the surface of the solid table.

As I imagine the scenery, it would be a nice idea too for all of us. But, the dance is a school event and events in school are important. That's what the family proposes anyway. Plus, occasions like these should be tolerated since the experience only happens once in a lifetime. No dance will ever be the same ever.

I part my lips open. Before I could even speak to negotiate, the bell rings loudly across the canteen.

"Well! Star and I are going to, uh, do some important stuff." Janna grabs Star's hand and rushes out of our circle with Star. "Byeeee! See you guys later!" Star shouts, her voice slowly fading away as their distance from us decreases. Jackie, Yusi, Marco and I, all stand up from where we once sat and got our bags.

My next class is with Yusi. Marco and Jackie are together in the next class. This thought made me furrow my eyebrows and have second thoughts. What if-no. I shouldn't. I already trust Marco enough to let him be on his own. I can trust him. I smile and tuck a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Want me to walk you to your class?" Marco says, walking beside me. I look over to Jackie from his other side. She seems pretty exhausted for some reason and if Marco walks me to my class which is twelve classrooms away it would be quite selfish.

I look back to him and shake my head. "I'm fine on my own. You and Jackie can go ahead to your class," I knot my arm with Yusi's and smiled. "Yusi and I can go to ours." I declare.

Marco's expression was in doubt. He knows how I am when I get er, jealous. "Are you sure..?" He asks once more. I nod, smiling. "Positive." Sounding sincere as I can, I look back at Jackie who was a bit surprised by my said decision.