Chapter 11

Bernard's P.O.V

It's been going in the family for centuries...What do I expect...

I look down and noticed that lady y/n fell asleep on my shoulder, I smiled at her angelic face.

How can an angel live with the devil...

My eyes shoot up seeing kioshi looking outside, I sworn I saw his eyes looking back at us.

I look once more on my watch. My eyebrow twitched as I sighed. Dinner Time.

A couple of minutes passed, passing warm cosy looking houses. Seeing families happily bonding and living a normal life. How I wonder what it would feel like... Living a normal family.

My thoughts snapped back to reality when I heard someone calling my name. My head turned to my right as I saw lady y/n looking up at me as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"Bernard..." She whispered as she yawned innocently, tagging on my suit just a little bit.

I smiled and swayed some hair out of her face "Yes Lady Y/n?" I asked politely.

She looked worried like she's about to cry. Biting her lip she mumbled something I cannot understand.

I raised her up for her to sit properly. Placing my palm on her cheek. Looking at her worried. "Pardon Lady y/n, can you please repeat that?"

Her eyes started to water "I h-had a bad dream..." She stuttered, gripping my suit with her little hands.

I was about to answer when the driver hadn't interrupted me. "We are here kids" he said jokingly.

I smiled and nodded, thanking the driver. Kioshi opened the door for himself and got down. Walking towards the house.

I opened the door and picked up lady y/n. She gently cried on my shoulder as we walked in the house.

I pat her back and lightly snizzle my head against hers. "Do not cry Lady y/n, everything will be ok. I'm here for you" I whispered as I continue to pat her back.

She seems to calm down, lightly looking up at me she smiled with teary eyes "Thank you Mr. Bernard.."

I smiled back and put her down on the couch. "You can call me bernard only lady y/n" I said while fixing her hair in the process.

She nodded adorably, gripping on her teddy. She opened her mouth but was interrupted by a low growl coming from her tummy.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh. She giggled as well. "Hungry I see last y/n. I will prepare the dinner soon after you get dressed Ok?" I said to her, patting her head.

"Okie Bernard" She jumped down the couch and ran back to her room, holding her precious teddy in her arms.

I soon saw some maid soon follow behind her. I sighed in relief and walked towards the kitchen which I saw kioshi holding a knife while sitting on one of the chairs.

My heart raced for a bit, I walked towards kioshi "Lord kioshi what are you doing?" I asked calmly. He glared directly at my direction, pointing the knife towards me.

"Do you like my little sister Ren.?" He asked with a deadly tone to it. I raised a brow, noticing he called me by the name "Whatever do you mean Lord Kioshi?" I asked.

He laughed and got down the chair, swaying the knife on his hand. "Don't act dumb Bernard. You are not that old enough to not be attracted to my little angel. I saw how you look at her. Don't get any ideas, mom got her for me and not for you. That's all" he said casually.

Putting the knife on the table, I looked cautiously at him as he walked past me. A smirk plastered in his face.

I looked back to the knife and picked it up. Placing it back to its rightful place. I sighed and opened the fridge, taking out he ingredients for dinner.

Do you like my little sister...

Those words ran to my mind. Why would he say such a thing. I only see lady y/n like a little sister... Memories came flooding back.

I shook my head and chopped the vegetables for dinner. Suddenly lady y/n's face came in my mind. Her angelic face and innocent melodic voice. I didn't even noticed I was smiling and my heart raising.

My cheeks raised as I looked down and chuckled "Oh no no bernard. Don't let yourself do this again.. She's not for you to care for and to... love"

*********************
Finally finished this chapter. Well Happy new year Guys!! Thank you so much for supporting and being with my side and reading my stories for these years! I really appreciat it! I hope you guys kept being here and enjoying my books. See you guys soon byeeeeee!