Chapter 13

(Woah! Another update! I was thinking of what Bernard's voice would sound like. It's a bit similar to an animation I saw titled "Baby it's cold outside" Feel free to listen to it :D)

After eating some of the cake you decided to clean the plates yourself. Bernard stood up and stopped you "Oh no you don't y/n, it's not your duty to clean" he said and took the plate of your hands.

You whined and lightly punched his shoulder "You're always so strict ren" you said with a smile. He chuckled and raised his brow at you "And you're always stubborn" he answered.

You raised your hands in surrender "Woah, You win Mr. Sassy pants" you played around while he laughed at your nickname to him.

He turned around and start to walk towards the kitchen "It's not sassy y/n it's the truth" he genuine chuckled left his mouth.

"Pfft! Fine fine you win Ren..If.." you surrendered and tiptoed behind him, reaching up just below his arms you took his pocket watch and dangled it on your hands, while a smirk on your face.

"You get this from me" you giggled, seeing him turn around and had a determined 'challenge accepted' look on his face.

"Don't provoke me y/n, we all know you can't keep that for long" he answered confidently, still holding the silver platter on one hand.

You grinned and grip the watch tight "Aaw Ren lost his touch on this game?" You provoked and stock out your tongue on him.

You smirked "Oh you've done it" he said and run towards you. You squeaked and started running towards the table, while squealing.

He laughed, placing the plate on the table and looked at you on the other side of the table with a 'you're so gonna loose' face. "You can't catch meee!" You exclaimed and tried running towards the door but you felt two arms on your waists picking you up.

You shriek and laughed, he laughed along "Caught you! You little rascal" he said and put you down in front of him.

He ruffled your hair and opened his right hand in front of you "And my watch please princess?" You giggled and gave back his watch.

"I'll win next time" you answered, blushing a little. He raised his brow with a smile on his face "Uhuh? I sure you will young lady" he answered.

The door opened and a woman came inside "Oh dear here you are!" You smiled widely and run towards your mom, giving her a hug "Good morning mom!"

She returned the hug and smiled at you then looked at Bernard. He cleared his throat and regain his posture "Good morning Mistress" he greeted.

"Good morning, you may leave now Bernard" she replied, Bernard bowed and turn to get the dirty plates.

Your mom looked at you and smiled cheerfully "I have a little present for you munchkin" she said and you giggled "Mom I'm already 16, stop calling me munchkin" you answered.

She gasped "Oh my I always forget. You just grow so last" she replied and acted as if she was tearing up and holding an invisible handkerchief.

You laughed a little "Oh mom, Is kioshi gonna be home early today?" You asked while her expression changed for a bit.

"I don't know my dear, he might if he already finished his work. But I'm sure time will pass by very fast so don't worry he'll be back real quick before dinner" she answered and you aaw'ed in response.

She seem to notice your change in mood, she put her palms on your cheeks making you look at her "Aaw cheer up my dear. I left a little present on your room. Feel free to look at it right now while mommy eat some cake. It looks delicious" she joked and you nodded laughing a little.

"Ok mom, I'll see you later" You walked out the dining room and started walking towards your room. Walking through the long corridors of the mansion. Thinking how lucky you are to be here, healthy and safe.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a certain door you couldn't help but wonder around when you first got there. The dark door.

You bit your bottom lip looking up at the ominous looking door, wondering what is really behind the door. You don't believe kioshi or your mom about it only having papers and antiques inside. If it's just that why wouldn't they let you enter inside.

Your fingers reached on the doorknob, Anxiety and adrenaline rushed in you when you heard the door click open.

Taking a deep breath before you go inside but you were stopped by someone strong pulling you back. The door slammed shut, you squeaked and looked up at who was the one who pulled you back.

Warm emerald eyes caught your (e/c) ones. It's Bernard. But. He had a worried expression on his face "Y/n what are you doing. You know you can't go inside there, what are you thinking?" He said obviously worried.

You stared at him in shock "S-sorry I was just.. Curiosity got the best of me. Sorry" you replied and rubbed your right temple.

He sighed and lifted you chin "Y/n you can't go inside there please. It's something Mistress and Lord Kioshi would hate for you to see" he explained and you nodded.

It's been like that for years. You have no idea why they wouldn't let you go inside that mysterious door. They keep saying don't and lies about the things inside that door. You can't help but get suspicious.

********************
Oohhhh! Mysterious. What do you guys think is inside that door? Oh and what can you say to y/n and Bernard's relationship with each other? (I didn't mean it like bf and gf XD)