Awkward moments

Ally saw Sarah enter the workplace on the start of the new day. She couldn't, as hard as she tried, push out the image of Sarah and Larry together. The very thought of Larry with another woman made Ally feel uneasy, how was she going to cope today? Every time she saw Sarah, Ally felt like screaming, and she did, internally. "I'm only at the beginning of loving you," Larry's voice of drifted into her head, he told her that and made it sound so genuine. She still remembered the words to the song he had written for her and smiled sadly at the time when Larry, who was running late for her birthday, brought Sting to perform as an apology. "I really thought he was the one," Ally sighed, leaning back on her revolving chair, in her purse she had brought along with her the goodbye note that was previously tucked away in her beside cabinet at home. She had an impulse to bring it with her today and Ally was never one to shy away from her gut instincts.

"Hey Ally," Elaine started as she walked through the office doors with a fresh cup of coffee for Ally. Instantly, from Ally's expression and the thin tear that ran the course of her cheek, Elaine knew something was wrong, "oh my God, Ally what's happened?"

"Oh you know, life! It's fine," Ally whimpered, trying to act strong but allowed her emotions to get the better of her and broke down in tears as Elaine hugged her, "He said he loved me and that he was never going to leave, now look at him!"

"It's good to cry, just let it all out," Elaine consoled, gently patting Ally's back, "and take it from someone who's had experience, guys? Men? They're the biggest jerks around!"

"Don't I know it!" Ally laughed softly, the tears were still falling and her nose had gone all red. She took a tissue from the box on her desk, Ally had done an awful lot of crying in her apartment earlier that morning but still managed to cry some more at work.

"But it still hurts!" Ally let out, she couldn't describe the pain she was going through it felt as if she was being torn apart inside.

"It will hurt, it always does, but things will get easier," Elaine reassured, calming her boss and her friend down. She had been through so many relationships to know how to deal with break ups but never had she found The One.

Ally wiped away her tears, not wanting any of her colleagues (particularly Sarah) in such a state. And it was all going well... until he had to arrive as the lift doors opened. Larry.

With a gasp she hid behind the water dispenser, peering over it to catch a glimpse of him. What was he doing here? He never even looked her way, which only upset Ally more.

"Er? Ally?" Mark remarked seeing her acting wierdly, unaware the Larry was in the building on the same floor. She brought a finger to her mouth, implying for Mark to stay quiet and bobbed her head in the direction towards Larry. "Oh," he mouthed, surprised at the sight of the man's presence, "what is he doing here?" he whispered, lowering down to Ally's crouched position.

Larry did not notice Ally constantly staring at him, watching his every move as he met with Sarah before heading into the conference room with both of their clients. "They're on the same case?" Ally remarked, toppling forwards from shock.

Meanwhile in the conference room, let's just say that Corretta was just a little more than surprised to see her former boss standing before her. She looked at the two Sarah and Larry, gobsmacked, she was truly convinced that the surname issue was just a coincindence but how the two interacted so familiarly, she was proven otherwise.

"Good luck Sarah," Larry worded, sitting down next to his client at the long oval table.

"Like I said last night, Mr Larry Paul," Sarah retaliated, also joining her client, Corretta by her side, "This case is mine to win."