Love on Holiday

Sarah hadn't been able to sleep properly. She only only managed to get a good four hours sleep and then she just lay there, tossing and turning with her eyes tightly shut trying to return back back to the land of slumber. But nothing she tried was working at all and the ray of daylight shone through the gaps of the curtains. It wasn't that she was feeling unwell or sick which she was, but the woman was anxious. She had now reached her fifth week of pregnancy and later that day was going to have to reveal the news to her sister. The only one of her family who actually still found it in their heart to talk to her. The moment her family found out Sarah was marrying Heath, a man who threw away a career in criminal law to become a soldier, they shunned her. Such a stupid reason, but that was the family Sarah was unfortunate to have. Her own mother hadn't even spoken to her since Sarah suffered her stillborn. She dreaded to think what her family would think when they eventually found out she was pregnant. Sarah wouldn't have discovered the news herself yet if it wasn't for the virus she had picked up, prompting that first visit to see the doctor. They had been in Detroit for two days and Sarah had to be encouraged by Larry to pick up the phone and call her sister Kayla.

Larry and Ally on the other hand were fairing better, they had reconciled their differences and began work on strengthening their relationship. Compatability wasn't an issue when they were concerned, Ally and Larry were soul mates, an undeniable truth. But of course, just like their relationship first began Larry wanted to take it slow, knowing this was more than right for the two of them he didn't want to mess up a second time round. That didn't bother Ally, she understood him and his reasons, they were going to get their eventually, back to where they once. Taking time did not matter as long as they had each other. So Ally had taken up to sleeping in the extra guest room of the house, it just seemed easier that way for now, and less awkward. To be honest both of them were hesitant on taking that next step forward, it would have been too fast. They didn't do much on the first day what with all three being jetlagged and the newly rekindled lovebirds as Sarah called them didn't go to sleep until sunrise. They both enjoyed each other's company more than anything else in the world. And would you believe it? The second day was pouring down with rain all over Detroit but they did actually manage to pop down and visit the Eastern Markets and also The Motown Historical Museum that Ally had been practically dying to go to since she was a young girl. Ally could see why Larry lived up here, it was so different to New York and somehow more peaceful. But Larry had nothing left in Detroit, the only excuse he had for going there was to see his son, Sam. He had his heart preference on Boston rather on Detroit, one main reason being that he got to be with the biggest and most important part of his life, seeing her everyday, Ally.

"Rise and shine sleepy head," Larry remarked, his first words to Ally that morning as he opened the bedroom curtains. Instantly, at the rush of sunlight entered, the woman shot up in sitting postition, startled out of a rather pleasant dream.

A smirk formed on Larry's lips. "I'm sorry did I wake you?" folding his arms and preparing for the playfight that was to unfold that Ally sometimes took seriously. Which is what made it even more enjoyable. As predicted, an annoyed Ally glared at him through narrow eyes, "What time do you call this? Let me sleep." she was always quite grouchy or uncoordinated first thing in the morning, it was the easiest time for her to be caught off guard or to say something she would end up regretting. "Come back at eleven when I'm ready to face the day," she mumbled, burying her head back on to the pillow, wanting to go back to sleep and find that dream again. Ally had been dreaming that she was walking down on the aisle in a beautiful satin dress holding onto a white flowered bouquet at her and Larry's wedding. To be brought into reality made her feel a little disheartened to know it was nothing more than a dream.

"Okay," Larry nodded with a slight fake pout, amused at the woman's behavoiur, and left the room for Ally to fall back to sleep for which she was most grateful. Only for Larry to enter again tow minutes later, jerking Ally from any attempts of returning to sleep. "Larry," she sounded from beneath the covers, issuing a warning to him.