Reflections.

Larry had no idea how he was going to break it to Ally. She was going to throw a huge fit either way, but he couldn't blame her for it, if anyone this whole scenario was his fault. "You've done it again Larry," he shook his head while looking at his reflection in the full length mirror in his room. "It figures doesn't it? The one time I.... and then this happens!" He groaned, his hands on his face as he fell back onto the bed. He loved Ally with all his heart, he even kept the ring he was going to use to propose to her. Larry had no idea what he was going to do, he knew more than anyone that Ally was going to react badly to it. How was he even going to begin explaining it? There was no excuse this time, he was to become a father again and the mother was not going to be Ally. That hurt more than anything. What made things worse was that Ally had only just forgiven him for lying to her about who Sarah was to him and this news would destroy any progress he had made to become a fixed part in Ally's life and the chance to fix his mistakes. But this was the biggest mistake if all. His fault, this there was no one else he could blame, "What am I going to do....?" Larry sighed, his tone hopeless, he couldn't exactly hide this from Ally. One main reason being Sarah works at the same firm as her, and peaople were bound to find out sooner or later given how the people at Cage & Fish liked to gossip. "I have to tell her before she hears it from anyone else..." The happiness he should have felt to know his legally married wife was having his child was overidden at the regret for letting Ally slip right out of his fingers, he should have married her when he had the chance. Instead he let his doubts control his actions and allowed himself to lose her by making a stupid decision to involve his ex-wife in all of it. What's worse was instead of trying to reconcile and make things work, Larry got cold feet and left. Never did he think he was ever going to cross paths with Ally again and that his past would come back to haunt. But when all is said and done, the fact of the matter was that he had hit a dead end. There was no fixing this. Now it truly was too late. All these thoughts ran through his mind as he moved to the chest of drawers in his room and pulled open the middle drawer that barely had anything it, with only a picture of his son, Sam and a small square velvet ring box with the name Ally sewn at the top in gold. "I really wanted to marry you Ally Mcbeal," he uttered beneath his breath, opening the lid of the ring box to reveal the gorgeous clear cut, oval shaped diamond set onto the ring. "Why couldn't I have just asked you question and not be pulled away by some omen." He blown his one and only chance to get Ally back. Maybe it was just a dream, one that would never make its way into reality no matter how much Larry tried. And the news of Sarah's pregancy practically sealed the deal that fate was not going to allow for Ally and Larry to have a future with each other. That was what hurt the most, he could never be the person in Ally's life who he wished so much that he could be.

There was something else in the drawer, a framed picture from when Larry graduated college. Those were the days he thought he had everything figured out, just him Jamie, Heath and Sarah. They had plans to stick together but evidently that didn't go there way. The picture sparked off many memories for Larry, like the time he and Jamie took part in the college's production of Godspell. He had no idea that later down the line he would Ally, someone who would have such an impact on his life.

He had fallen in love with Jamie back then, they promised themselves to each other, "Im not ashamed to admit that I was wrong about that one," he sighed. Jamie wasn't the same person she used to be in Larry's eyes. She used to be the most important person in his life who he would do anything for but now she was just the mother of his son.

*FLASHBACK*

"They really liked your singing in the musical last night," Jamie grinned, sitting with the rest of the small group of friends in one of the fields in the college campus, congratulating her boyfriend Larry with a kiss on the cheek. "You weren't too bad yourself Jamie," Larry gave usual charming smile, putting an arm over her shoulders, "I didn't know you had such musical talents," he teased. "Shush you!" Jamie laughed, playfully nudging Larry in response. "You're the one who stole the show!" Her boyfriend merely looked at the woman with an amused frown, "Don't get any ideas for anymore roles, it was a one time thing."