Chapter 8-The next day

Chapter 8

We parked the for wheelers in the garage and he took my hand once again to lead me to the house. We walked up the stairs to the porch and Red opened the door.

The inside of the house was different then I imagined, it was my dream house!

As soon as you walked I'm there were two huge elegant wooden stair cases that started wide and narrowed as they went up to the second floor. They both had long black rugs that went up the entire length of them. A giant crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling. There were 2 tables along side of the walls that were white in color. A vase of red roses sat on each side of the black tables.

"Red, this is beautiful." I was already in love with the house and I hadn't been there 2 minutes.

"Thank you." He smiled down at me.

He pulled me down the short hallway in front of us that was painted a light gray color. The hallway opened up to a giant living room and kitchen! The living room had two black leather couches with black side tables on the end. There was a glass coffee table in the middle of them. The couches faced a wall where the entire proximity of it was covered In a entertainment center with a giant tv in the middle! The carpet was white with a light blue rug underneath the glass table. To the right was the kitchen! Everything in the kitchen looked brand new! It looked like a kitchen from the magazines that only rich people could afford. The colors were black white and light blue. It complimented the dark wooden floors perfectly! Everything about the house was amazing. The house was elegant, modern, but homey at the same time.

"So what do you think?" Red asked me.

"It's amazing Red! Don't think I'm wired for saying this but it's my dream house." I looked up at him and he was smiling.

"Perfect! I'm glad you like it." Why the house being my dream house was perfect to him was beyond me. Just as I was about to ask him that very question my stomach grumbled.

"So where are these pancakes that are supposed to be amazing?" I asked him with a smile.

"Well Janet is most likely cleaning somewhere. She is my live in house keeper and cook." He told me. I have to admit I got a little jealous of her because she gets to see him everyday. I wonder how old she is? Is he with her?

"Red is that you? Are you still home?" I saw a little Spanish lady in jeans and a t shirt walk from the small hallway. She looked like she was in her early 50s. She was very beautiful tho. She had a great shape and didn't look like a grandma. She had dark hair with a little grey starting to show.

"Oh I'm sorry Red. I didn't realise you had a guest." She smiled at me so I smiled back.

"It's fine Janet. This is Brylee, the girl I took on a date last night. We watched a movie at the lake house and ended up falling asleep." He told her.

"Oh okay sweetie. Do you two want some breakfast?" She asked us.

"Actually I told Brylee about your famous pancakes. Do you think you could whip us up a batch?" Red asked her.

"Oh, will you stop telling people about those. They are just regular pancakes." She laughed and walked to the kitchen.

"Janet is like a second mom to me. She has been with our family for years. When I moved out my mom wanted to make sure I had somebody trust worthy to watch the house when I'm away so she asked Janet to come." Red whispered in my ear. "She and her husband Ricardo live on the third floor. Ricardo takes care of the grounds for me."

"Oh okay. She seems very sweet." I told him.

"She is and she is a great cook!" He smiled. "So how about a tour of the house?" He asked me.