Chapter 9- The call

Chapter 9

"Okay I believe you." My mom told me after I explained everything that happened.

"Well now I think I will go take a shower." I told her.

"Okay but don't be to long. I want to spend the day with you since your off of work today and I'm not going to the garage."

"Okay, I'll be down soon." I walked up the stairs and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water felt good on my skin. I wrapped myself in a fluffy purple towel when I was done and got dressed. Usually when I spend the day with my mom we go shopping so I dress in white skinny jeans, a flowy sunflower tank top and yellow flats. I walked down stairs to meet my mom.

"Ready to go?" She asked me.

"Yup just let me grab my purse and phone." I walked to the counter and put my phone and wallet into my purse.

"Ready." I told her. "Are you driving or am I?" I asked her.

"I will." She told me. She was wearing a dark pair of fit and flair jeans. A white tank top with a white and navy blue stripped cardigan and sparkly navy blue sandals.

My mom is very fashionable. She is about a size 4, has bright blue eyes, dirty blond shoulder length hair and stands about 5'8. She is sweet and caring. Extremely funny but can also be super strict. When she is in serious mode you know she means business.

We walked to her red suburban parked in the driveway and headed for the mall.

"So do you really like Red?" She asked me after turning the radio down a little.

"I think he is sweet, funny, and awesome to be around." I didn't want to come right out and admit liking Red in front of my mom.

"Don't forget hot!" She exclaimed.

"Mom! You are only supposed to think dad is hot." I told her

"Oh hush. I think your dad is the hottest guy in the world! But Red is extremely good looking as well." She laughed.

"Your crazy ma." I told her laughing with her.

We pulled into the mall parking lot. The first store we walked into was forever 21. My favorite store! I was in the dressing room trying on a cute lace dress when my phone started blaring 'My Hump'. I knew Lola was calling me.

"Hey babe, what's up?" I answered as sweetly as possible. I know she was calling to ask where I was and why I was not meeting them for lunch.

"Don't 'hey babe' me young lady! Where are you? What happened on the date? Are you with him now? What is go-" I stopped her mid sentence.

"LOLA! Calm down. Me and Red had a great date until the rain came. We took shelter in his lake house and we ended up falling asleep on his couch watching a movie. We woke up late and he called in for me. I'm spending the day with my mom shopping." I told her.

"Fine. But you are giving us all of the details tomorrow at lunch!" She told me.

"Okay, I will. I'm in the dressing took at forever 21 right now so I will talk to you later. Tell the girls I said hey."

"Okay I will. Tell mama Sarah we said hey." She told me. They all call my mom 'mama Sarah'.

"Okay, bye babe."

"By girl."

I put my clothes back on and decided to get the dress. After shopping at a couple more stores we got hungry. There was a pizza shop about a block away so we put the bags into the car and walked to get pizza.