Six

Sam PoV

After I won my fight, (yes I somehow won a fight against a veteran here, and yes I was just as shocked as you are that I did), I went to see Amber in the changing rooms, because love and shit will make you look out for a good partner.

"Are you ok-"
"Yeah I'm fine Amber, it tis but a scratch"
"So, who won the fight?"
"I won the fight Amber"
"Oh my god!, oh my God!, oh my God!, Sammy!, Sammy!, Sammy! I'm so proud of you!"
"I'm proud of me too"

Amber then pulled me into a hug, which I totally melted into as she gives the most warming hugs, (yes I will stand by that description until the day that I die and maybe even after that if there's actually an afterlife, ya know).

"Amber"
"Yes Sammy"
"We need to talk about what we actually are?"
"Is it about what I said to you before you had to fight?"
"Yeah, I just wanna know where we stand now?"
"(Sighs), well I didn't know how to say it to you before Sammy, I really love you, like really really love you, but I don't wanna lose our friendship if a romantic relationship for any reason went south"
"Hey, Amber, Amber please look at me, even if it does go south romantically, it probably won't but even if it does, that wouldn't mean that I'd stop being friends with you, because regardless of us being together or not, you're my best friend and you always will be"

So I gently pulled Amber into a kiss, as I knew that we both wanted a romantic relationship, (we both had said as much by then), and that was the most explosive kiss I've ever had, (even to this day but that's because of how unexpected it was for both Amber and I).

"Wow"
"That's exactly how I imagined it would feel like"
"Well I'm glad that I'm cracked up to all that you thought that I would be Amber"
"(Giggles), Well Miss Anderson, you do come from a long line of romantics, so it's not a big surprise that you met my expectations here"
"(Snorts), Amber that's got to be a very polite way of saying that most of my Dad's side of the family like to sleep around a lot"
"I mean you could say that Sammy, but also you could take it as that they're also really into being romanced by people, you know"
"I mean you could say that"

We both then walked home, (yes I know that it was very sketchy for Amber and I to walk home at 1am by ourselves as young females but I didn't want anyone else to know that I was even here so we walked home, (lol that is what illegal fighting does to a person), (please don't question the logic here as I was 14 years old and I didn't really know any better).

So we got to my house and headed inside as Amber was staying the night anyway, (it would have been very difficult to explain to Amber's Mom why Amber was coming home at 1:30am so we decided to just have Amber stay over that night), (plus it wasn't unusual for us to stay at each other's houses in the slightest so it made sense to us).

It was the next morning, Amber was still asleep, (I was not), the sun was seeping through the curtains and onto Amber's fiery hair, it was very picturesque and it reminded me of those princesses in fairytale books.

"Morning Sammy"
"Morning Amber, how did you sleep?"
"I slept ok last night actually, what about you Sammy?"
"Meh, I had a cat nap maybe-"
"Sammy that's not good for you"
"I know, but I at least slept last night-"
"You didn't sleep the night before?"
"Well no, I haven't really slept properly since Dad went into a coma"

The look of worry on Amber's face amplified after I said that, which I felt terrible about, because my lack of sleep was the reason for it, you know.

"Oh Sammy, are you sure that you can live here by yourself?"
"Yeah I'm sure, I just make sure to lock everything twice, you know, plus I have my Dad's rifle"
"(Snorts), Jesus Sammy you can't just casually come out with that"
"I mean you're probably right but I meant what I said though"
"I know"

We then got out of bed, as we weren't going to go back to sleep anyway, plus I was actually hungry, so we had leftover pizza for breakfast, (yes I know that it wasn't the healthiest thing to eat for breakfast but it was there and it would've been a waste to throw it out, you know).