One (3 months later)

Sam PoV

My life had been a total hell on earth for me since Dad had gone into a coma, (I mean on top of the fact that Dad was in a coma), my Grandma was rarely ever home, so I was basically fucking raising myself, (to be honest she probably didn't want to be there but that was not my fault).

I walked into the house after school one day to see my Grandma was back from work early, which was unusual for her, since the woman was a workaholic, (and she hated living in the house as she was reminded all the time that my Dad was in the hospital), (I mean it was the same for me but she didn't want to see that fact).

"Hi Grandma, not that I don't appreciate your presence here or anything but why are you back from work this early?"
"Well Sammy, I got fired for drinking on the job"
"Well shit, what does that mean for the mortg-"
"Before you go on about that Sammy, I have something else that I have to tell you"
"Oh fuck me, just spit it out then Grandma"
"Well I'm going on a well deserved vacation to the Caribbean"

Even though it wasn't said by her, I knew that she wasn't going to take me with her as she didn't want a child to look after, you know.

"Fabulous"
"Really?"
"No, anyway how long are you going for Grandma?"
"Yeah I don't know how long I'm actually going for Samantha"
"Of course you don't know, well fuck my life, (sighs), alright look, just let me know when you're coming back to the states Grandma, actually, when are you even leaving?"
"Well I'm leaving tonight Sammy"
"Ok, Bon voyage"

I then went out of the house to try and get myself a job to support myself while my Grandma was getting drunk in the Caribbean, (we both knew that was why she was going there as she wasn't going for the history there or the culture), (also after the shocking fact that she was fired really changed how I looked at her forever, you know).

So I started applying with a couple of different restaurants, (as you do when you want a job, you know), but they ended up not working out for me, (as they said that I was too young for a fully full time job), so I walked home in defeat as I felt like I was astronomically fucked here, you know.

Well that was until somebody started to attack me, (because of course somebody would want to fucking attack me of all the people that they could've attacked on that day), so naturally I then broke their nose and jaw, (what!, they were attacking me, it's not like I went for that result in mind here, look I just wanted them to leave me alone, it just happened that I broke their nose and jaw in the process of getting them to leave me alone), so anyway they ran away from the scene, (because they were cowards and you cannot convince me otherwise), then somebody approached me.

"Would you like to be an underground fighter my dear?"
"I don't know, will I get paid to fight here?"
"(Snorts), Of course you will, though you will get paid more if you come within the top 3, though especially if you actually win the tournament"
"That sounds pretty cool to be honest with you my dude, I might need a bit more training though"
"That can be arranged for you Pixie, you have potential here, anyway I'm Thomas Green, though you can call me Tommy"
"Hi Tommy, I'm Samantha Anderson, though I prefer Sammy"
"Good to know, so we'll meet in that old building over there for training"
"Yeah, cool, so when is training starting?"
"Training will start tomorrow Pixie"
"Oh cool, right see you then"

So I walked home and Grandma was surprisingly still there, (as she normally would leave as soon as possible, you know), but she was definitely on the way out.

"Where did you go Sammy?"
"I went to find a job because the house still needs to be paid off and I need to live which takes money"
"Alright so, I just wanted to tell you that you shouldn't tell anybody that I'm gone-"
"I mean obviously Grandma, I don't particularly want to go into foster care just because people know that you're on vacation without me in your care, so anyway have a good time"

So I watched my Grandma get into a taxi cab to the airport and the whole reality of the situation that I was in really hit me like a fucking ton of bricks and honestly that kind of felt like I was suffocating.