Ten

Sam PoV

I was getting ready to fight against Queen Arrow, as one does when going up against a veteran at the game, Tommy then walked into the dressing room.

"Pixie, remember what I said?"
"Keep the fuck outta my head and beat their motherfucking heads in"
"Well it's good to know that you fucking listen to some of the advice that I give you"
"Oh ha ha Tommy, that's so funny that you should be a fucking comedian"
"Well thank you Pixie"
"You're welcome you ass fuck"

Tommy dryly laughed, the speakers then announced that I was on in 5 minutes, as it has a want to do, ya know.

"You ready to beat the motherfucker up?"
"Yes, I was born ready"
"Good, now go get 'em pixie"

So I walked onto the arena, then I started to do some warm up shit, because 5 minutes is a long time to wait to beat a motherfucker up, (plus not warming up could fuck you up for a while, ya know).

4 minutes later and I was on the verge of starting the game before it officially started, (I was impatient like that).

"We have an amazing fight for you coming up, it's Queen Arrow, vs, Pixie"

The screams that came after, you would've thought that it was a Justin Bieber concert or something and not a fight between two female fighters in a ring here, (the age of the people that went did vary a bit so that could have something to do with it).

The starter dude then came into the arena and did what a starter dude does, (look, I don't know the official name for his position so I renamed it starter dude as it makes sense to me, you know).

"Let the fight begin"

I dodged the first punch that she threw, I did get caught by the second one, my eye started to bleed as she had a knuckle duster on, as that does more damage than a regular old punch does.

Then I kicked her in her ribs and then punched her until she was out cold, (look I had a lot of buildup anger that I unfortunately took out on the veteran here, looking back I feel like a dick for doing that but then I guess that she also knew what the gig was about, you know).

"Pixie wins the match!"

Honestly the crowd went wild, (which no matter how many fights I fought, that little fact always weirded me out).

I was cleaning up my bloody eye, as I didn't need Dad worrying about me anymore than he did already, (that would've made me feel terrible if he started to worry even more).

Tommy then walked into the changing room, I had already changed out of my fighting gear), as he wanted to congratulate me himself, (yeah that sounds really weird to me).

"Hey Pixie, I just wanted to congratulate you on another win"
"Yeah, thanks Tommy"
"You know, if you keep winning like that, you could win for a third season in a row"
"Yeah well don't jinx it Tommy, I don't need some weird voodoo thing happening to me because of your mouth"
"You won't be jinxed my dear, as that's the will be the last that I even mention it"
"Well good, I'm glad"

So I continued to clean my bloody eye as I did want to worry Dad even more than he already did worry about me, as I would feel more guilty then I already did about lying to him, you know.

Amber then came into the changing room, as she watched all of my fights, (she was my lucky charm lol).

"Sammy your eye looks like it could be infected"
"I know Hon, that's why I'm cleaning it up so that there's less of a chance that it would get infected"
"Babe does your Dad know about the fights?"
"God no, he would lose his shit if he knew about the fights Hon"
"Sammy he gotta know at some point as you paid off the mortgage on it"
"Yeah I know, I'm hoping that I get until graduation before he finds out though"
"(Snorts), That's not gonna happen Babe"
"Yeah I know that Amber"

So I then drove Amber home as her Mom thought that she was working late at night with me, (not entirely a lie but not entirely the truth either), Amber almost fell asleep in the car, I then pulled up at Amber's house.

"Hon, we're here"
"You look after that eye Samantha"
"I will do, no need to full name me"
"Well if I full name you, I then know that you will actually do it so that you avoid being full named again, anyway I love you"
"I love you too"