Roses

You caught the necklace. And then you didn't. If you've ever had that moment when you catch something but drop it or it bounces out of your hand you're reliving those moments now. The necklace came down so hard it bounce out of your palm before you had a chance to close your fingers around it.

      Multiple things happened at once. You screamed 'No', Ooige grinned evilly, and the necklace was caught by someone in the crowd. The hand held the necklace tightly and you noticed stitching laced up the gray arm.

     The other people of the crowd divided to reveal Willa standing tall, slightly confused but mostly determined. The look of dread on your face was replaced by relief as you dodged the priest again. You delivered a sharp blow to his mid section and quickly ran over to her.

     "Willa!" You wrapped your arms around her in a big hug. "Thank you thank you thank you bless your soul!" She hugged back then almost immediately released. It seemed to you that she wasn't comfortable with hugs. The rest of the crowd was confused as to why they were here at a wedding of sorts. 

     You turned and marched up the stairs back to the platform. You called out to the residents of Halloween Town.

     "Everyone! You were all brainwashed!" Murmurs could be heard throughout the people. Willa joined you on stage as you continued. "Oogie Boogie brainwashed you with my grandmother's necklace and turned you all into slaves! Jack Skellington and I saved you, you are all free." You could tell everyone was confused and slightly angry they started to get restless. Willa handed you your necklace and you showed it to the crowd.

     "Where is he? The one who enslaved us all!" One called out angry. You pointed to Oogie who was still fighting against Jack to get up. Everyone turned to where you pointed and Jack let go of Oogie. As he soon as he stood up, looking very annoyed, someone in the crowd shouted,

     "Get him!" And just like that the mob of strange creatures and supernatural beings swarmed the Bug Bag causing you, Willa, and Jack to be pushed backwards. The mob grabbed Oogie and began to unsew him, stitch by stitch taking the bugs from within and stomping them out. After each and every one was killed the people handed you the sack that previously encased thousands of squirming bugs.

     "We bestow upon you this, as a token of our appreciation for saving us, fair Princess."

     "Princess? I- I wouldn't go so far as to call me Princess just (Y/N) will do. Thank you." You took the bag from them trying not to puke in your mouth again. "We should celebrate. Bonfire anyone?" The villagers cheered and dispersed to make preparations.

     It didn't take them long before they got a roaring bonfire going in the center of the graveyard. The setting for the coronation was perfect firewood for it anyway. The last thing you threw in was Oogie's sack. It was strange, but watching it go up in flames somehow made you feel better.

    Then everyone began to do something. Whether that was dancing, attempting to get answers, or simply talking you decided to do none of it. You slipped away from the party still dressed in your coronation gown though it was tattered some at the hem and a little dirty. But you didn't mind much.

     After a little bit of walking you found yourself standing at the top of Spiral Hill. The one where you had that date with Jack. The one where you finally accepted your feelings for him though you were certain they would never come to pass. 

     "Why so lonely my Poison Oak?" You smiled and turned to face him. Jack was walking up the hill to meet you. You beamed and turned slightly to look down at the party below. 

      "I don't know. Who've thought that I'd ever be called Princess?" You laughed quietly at the thought but turned back to Jack when he wrapped his long arms around your waist. The two of you smiled at the other. 

      "Well every princess needs a prince don't they?"

      "Well I guess they do." You smiled playfully and with that he kissed you. At first you were surprised but quickly melted into it. It felt a little odd at first, kissing a skeleton, but you put the thought away for now and enjoyed the moment. In that moment you felt all the doubts of his love for you melt away, all the logistics of Halloween Town and all the worries and fears you've had over the past few days disappeared, never to be see again.

     When you broke for air you nuzzled into his chest believing your story was over, for now anyway.

      "I have something for you." You looked up at him as he pulled a blue and black rose from inside his shirt pocket. Suprisingly it wasn't pressed or damaged in any way and it glittered in the light from the moon, which had somehow traded places with the sun during the party.

     "I love it." You whispered, afraid that your breath would hurt the delicate thing. You gazed up at Jack again you kissed him once more. 

~Timeskip brought to you by the First Order~

     You placed the rose in a vase you found in Jack's kitchen and then placed it on the nightstand. Jack walked up the staircase in his night things and crawled into bed with you. You fell asleep in an instant and when you awoke you were lying in your own bed. You were dressed in your old Star Wars PJ's and in your cold bedroom above the garage. 

     You checked your clock as it read 3:53 AM the next day. Little time had passed since you'd left but it seemed like a lifetime had passed when you did. As soon as you awoke you were saddened. Does this mean you lost Jack? As well as everyone else in Halloween Town? As you glanced around you noticed the moon was shinning in thorough your open window.

     The moonlight glinted off something on your bedside table and you noticed it was the rose Jack gave you and it was in the same vase you put it in earlier. At this you smiled. They weren't truly gone. You also noticed your grandmother's necklace dangling off the stem.

     You took it and put it around your neck and your thoughts traveled back to that fathiful night, not too long ago, when you met.... him.

~~~~~~~

     Yay this book is finally finished! I had so much fun writing this book and I'm kind of sad to be ending it but all this means is that I'll be able to begin writing my Kylo Ren X Reader book. 

     Speaking of which I'm happy to inform everyone that I have drafted the book and now I just need to write it all out. I'll be sending out the release date through My Oddball Book so be sure to add it to your library if you want to be up to date with that.

     Other than that thank you all for the support you've given me and the love you've shown this book. I hope you all have a magical day and I'll see y'all next time. Bye!

~Luna <3

P.S. The first two parts of my Kylo Ren x Reader is out so go check it out! I think y'all are really going to love it! Hope to see you there bye! <3