Un rendez-vous romantique (Date Night)

You woke up with an empty bed next to you. As you yawned you noticed a delicious smell in the air. Eggs, bacon, and... cinnamon rolls?  Your eyes immediately lit up as you scrambled out of bed and down the staircase. You slid across the floor and stopped before you fell off. As you peered over the side of the book case  you saw a door standing open you hadn't noticed before. You jumped down from the shelf floor thing and crept across the floor to the door. 

     You peered in and the wonderful smells increased. You found yourself looking at a small brightly lit kitchen.  The walls were divided in two, yellow tiles stretched up to the ceiling and from the halfway point the tiles melted into black and orange bricks with a white separator in between. 

     Jack was over by the stove cooking eggs and next to the burners were two plates with a drawing of a spider in the center of a web. Two strips of bacon rested on both plates along with two cinnamon buns with a creamy white glaze. As Jack shoveled eggs onto the plates you tip-toed over to the bay window dinning room table and sat down.

     You smiled brightly when Jack turned around to set the table and was startled by your presence. 

     "Good morning my Poison Oak did you sleep well?" He asked setting down a plate in front of you. 

     "I slept well thank you. How about you?" Jack grabbed two forks and sat down next to you.

      "Well," He moved his food around on his plate before answering fully, "sleep doesn't have much effect on me anymore. But it's still nice every once in a while." He took a bite of his eggs and chewed. 

     "Huh, interesting" You also took a bite of your food. You both ate in silence for a long time and when you were nearly finished with you second cinnamon bun Jack broke the silence.

     "W-Would you uh.. um.." He took a quick breath then continued, "Would you like to accompany me on an evening outing?" He avoided your gaze as you stared blankly at him. 

     What did he just say?  

     "You mean like a date?" You asked cautiously.

     "If you would like to look at it that way, then yes." 

     "Well.. um... then I would love to!" You cringed at how cheerful your voice sounded but beamed any way. 

     "Great! If you would like to find something to wear you may go into town but if you don't feel like it I can help and provide... something." You milled it over in your head. What if Oogie is in town? Actually, now that I think about it it seems unlikely that that skirt-chasing bug would go anywhere on his own two feet. He'd send his servants though. Better not risk it. 

     "What do you have?" Jack smiled and picked up the plates and forks. 

     "Someone I know gave a gift to my... a previous visitor, for a past occasion. Follow me." He started to walk out of the kitchen and you quickly followed after him. Jack lead you up and out of the bedroom and up into the tower that seemed like it would fall at any given moment. 

     Jack opened the trap door and stepped up out of it. When you arrived through the door you noticed the tower room looked like a make-shift laboratory or....or... something you couldn't quiet place your finger on. 

     You climbed out as Jack opened a stand alone closet and inside were cobwebs connecting to a black dress (like the one in the picture). Jack took the dress and pulled it out of the closet and dusted it off. 

    "Here you may try this on there are shoes in the drawers. I'll leave you be." And Jack left the room to give you privacy. 

~Time Skip brought to you by the movies and T.V. shows I watched while writing~