Chapter X: 運命の桜 Fated Cherry Blossom (Unmei no Sakura)

It was a fine Saturday morning today. I exchanged email addresses with Natsuki and Yuri yesterday afternoon. I will meet Yuri today to help her with the props and design.

I'm very worried about Sayori, so I decided to check her on her room today.

I knock the door, "Hey, are you there, Sayori?", I asked, "Are you feeling fine? May I come in?". "Yes you can. I'm feeling fine.", she answered. "Hey, your room looks like the same as always, very messy", I said. The usual large teddy bear, messy bed, messy table, old calendar that's been there for years, and more. Yes, that's Sayori's room. "If you have been coming here to clean my room, it won't be messy.. Hehe", Sayori said. "Say, Haruki. Do you know that I have depression?", she asked. I was kind of shocked. Sayori who's all sunshine have a depression. "I tried to smile. I tried to be happy. For my friends. But the more I try, the more it hurts. I cried every night, every morning. I don't know what to do anymore. I always come late at school because it is very hard to wake up in the morning. It is very hard to wake up when you don't know where you belong. I wanted to be happy, but when I tried, it hurts", Sayori said. It felt a prick to my chest hearing those words. Sayori hid it all, Sayori tried her best to be happy, for her and her friends. "Hey, Sayori, you don't have to cry anymore.", I hugged Sayori. "I'll always be here for you, ever since we were children, up until now, I never did leave you. I'll always be your friend.", I told Sayori. She starts hugging me now. "Thank you very much Haruki. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my friend even tho I'm very miserable.", Sayori said while crying even harder. "Hey, you are supposed to meet with Yuri today, right?", she asked. "How did you know that?!", I asked. "Hehe, Monika told me last night", she replied and loosen her hug while simultaneously wiping her tears. "Ahh, yes. But I could tell Yuri that you are sick, and I'm taking care of you", I said. "No, no. You should spend more time with them than me. And besides, Yuri needs your help today.", she said. "I'll let that first line you said slip. Don't be doing anything stupid while I'm out, okay?", I said to Sayori. "Yes, I won't", She replied.

I left Sayori in her room. I checked my phone, Yuri said that she's coming over already. When I got out of Sayori's house, I found Yuri on my house' front door. "Hey Yuri, did I made you wait?", I asked. "No, not really, I just got here myself.", she replied with a smile. "Hey, come over here.", I invited Yuri inside. "You want some coffee or tea?", I asked. "Tea!", Yuri answered very cheerfully. I made some tea while Yuri is somehow analyzing the atmosphere of our house. "You got a nice house, Haruki", Yuri said out of the blue. "Ah, it was my mother who actually made this design. She likes architectures very much", I replied while serving her some tea, "I know this tea isn't like yours, but please help yourself", I added. "Thanks", she answered. We were talking about stuff for a while, while drinking tea and eating some bread. "Hey, Haruki, let's get started, shall we?", Yuri said after she finished her tea, "The tea was good!", she added. "I'm glad you liked it. Let's do the designs on my room. I may be scolded by my mother when she comes home and found out that the living room is messed up", I said. "Yo-- Your room?-- Ehh--", Yuri blushed and stuttering. "What's wro--- Oh, it's not like that.", I implied. "Ye-- Yes, I know it's not like that. I just over reacted.", Yuri said. "Shall we get started then?", she said. "Alright", I replied.

She laid down the big papers we would write on to, then she let an aroma therapy set out her bag. She puts jasmine oil there in claims that it calms the mind and body. She likes these kind of stuff. "Hey Yuri, can I have those paints near you?", I asked for the paints. our hands slipped and the paints got thrown, how clumsy of us. A few drops of pain got to Yuri's face. "Hey, wait here, I'll get some towels to wipe your face", I said. "You don't have to, this is just a small mess", she replied. "I'll just get some, whether you like it or not.", I said. I rushed downstairs and get a towel and wet it with warm water then got back to Yuri. "Here Yuri.", I intuitively wipe her face. Yuri seems very beautiful, and she actually is blushing. "Haruki, wipe here a little more", she said while pointing near her neck. This girl is getting more beautiful, she is also blushing more, and I'm getting more attracted to her every second, I even thought that the bed is ready, is it because of the aroma in the room? I took grasp of myself and said, "There, no more paints on your face, Yuri."."Tha-- Thank you.", Yuri replied. We continued our making of the props. Yuri let out a small and very beautiful knife to cut a paper. "Wow, that's a very fancy knife, Yuri." I said. "Ah, yes. It's kind of my hobby to collect knives, and I got lots of them at home. I always bring one to school everyday", She said. Oh, hey hey, that hobby is kind of dark, and disturbing, but I just let it slide. "May I see that knife?", I asked. "Oh, here.", she gave me the knife and, aw man, just touching its edge cuts my skin already, it's very sharp. "Ohoho, I was about to tell you that it's very sharp.", Yuri said, "Here, let me see your finger", she added and sucked the blood from the wound. Oh my god, I don't know if itt's really the aroma or this girl is getting more attractive. "Wha-- what are you doing?", I asked while withdrawing my fingers. "Oh-- Oh-- I made something bad. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry", she said. Man, this girl apologizes alot. "I just acted on impulse, I'm sorry", she added. "You don't have to say sorry. I just. ahmm.. It's kind of unusual to just suck a wound, there's a plaster here in my room", I said, "well, anyways, let's just continue doing the props." We just continued, and once we're done, we talked a bit then Yuri leaves. Man, this day was, unique. My mother came home, we eat dinner, then I sleep.