:CHAPTER 1:

As Stefanie pulls up to the place she will call her home for the next several years, she couldn't feel anything but excitement. She grabs her luggage and walks into the apartment building.

"Hello, how can I help you?" asks the person at the front desk.

Stefanie looks up and responds, "Hi, um, I'm here for my apartment? I just moved here from Canada? I believe it's number 419?"

The woman looks through her papers and pulls out a letter with a key attached, "Here, I believe you are Fraulein Bauer? Yes, your apartment is number 419. It is already has furniture, so make yourself home. Here is a packet with information about the building, some restaurants that are walking distance, transportation means, and other important information. And here's your key."

The woman gives Stefanie the key and points to the elevator. Stefanie thanks her and goes to the elevator, pushing the button to go up. While in the elevator, she gets a text from her mom.

Mom ❤🙄
Hey honey, are you in the building yet?

Stefanie
Yes, just about to get to my room.

Mom ❤🙄
Ok, great! Send me pics!

Stefanie
Will do.

Stefanie smiles as she steps out of the elevator, almost bumping into a tall guy.

"Sorry," she mumbles as she passes him and turns right into the hall.

419, 419, where is 4 fucking 19, Stefanie thinks as she passes door after door, trying to find her apartment. She finally finds it at the end of the hall and unlocks the door.

"Holy mother of God," she says as she enters the beautiful studio.

"No. Way. This is amazing!" she screeches as she starts running around, looking in every nook and cranny. She then remembers her mom's request and snaps a pic of the studio.

Stefanie
Look at this!

Mom ❤🙄Omg Stef! How much is it per month?

Mom ❤🙄
Omg Stef! How much is it per month?

Stefanie
Only €350 a month! I know, it's a steal.

Mom ❤🙄
It is! I won't keep you any longer, I love you.

Stefanie
I love you too, mom.

Stefanie puts her phone away and opens her luggage to transfer her clothes into the storage spaces. She starts opening the drawers and closets, strategically deciding where to put her clothes.

"Ok, shirts here, pants... here! Perfect," she whispers to herself, "Socks and other things here, fancy clothes that I probably won't ever touch should go right here, my boatload of hockey jerseys should go in this little hidden space because I don't know what I'll do if they were stolen... and we are done!"

After adding in the finishing touches, Stefanie looks back at her hard work. The studio looks exactly the same, but to Stefanie it feels more like home. She goes up into the loft and plops on the bed.

"Ugh, it should be illegal for plane rides to last that long," she says as exhaustion drapes over her like a blanket. It was probably a dumb idea, on her part, to watch a bunch of Marvel movies she had downloaded on her laptop throughout the flight. Soon enough, she is asleep, dreaming of new adventures in a new city and country.