:EPILOGUE:

1 July 2018

Stefanie, Erik, Isabel, and Chris are in Toronto celebrating Canada Day and Stefanie's birthday. The group decided to spend their summer break around the United States, although they will be back in a couple of weeks. For the past two days they have been in Toronto, and Stefanie spent quality time with her brothers that she hasn't seen in years. Stefanie is so happy that she could spend her 25th birthday with her family, friends, and, of course, boyfriend. The four are currently walking around downtown Toronto, Stefanie with Erik in the front, leading the pack since she knows the city best, and Isabel with Chris in the back, trailing since Isabel wants to stop every 10 feet to take pictures.

"I can't believe that the Canadian of our group is born on Canada Day," Chris says behind Stefanie.

She turns around and starts walking backward, "Yup, that's why my mom calls me a true Canadian, but that's also because I live and breathe hockey and put maple syrup on everything."

"We been knew, sis," says Isabel, which makes Stefanie laugh. She turns back around and grabs Erik's hand once more. He squeezes it and leans down to kiss her forehead.

"So, what does the birthday girl want to do today?" he asks her.

Stefanie looks around, then looks up and sees the CN Tower.

She points at it, "We are going up there."

-------------------------------------

After going up in the CN Tower, the group wanders around some more until Stefanie points out a cat cafe that just recently opened. They eat lunch there, while petting all the cats, then head to a gelato shop that Stefanie claims has "Killer gelato." Stefanie, of course, gets two scoops of lemon, which she pressures Erik to try, and he finally does and admits that it does taste really good, but sticks with his mango and vanilla combination. Isabel also tries some of the lemon, then decides to pair it with some strawberry, "So when it melts, it tastes like strawberry lemonade!" and Chris just gets chocolate like the basic white person he is.

Afterward, Stefanie and Erik walk Isabel and Chris back to their hotel since Isabel has a family meetup later that day. The two go back to Stefanie's mom's apartment, which is not a far walk, but after all the walking that she has done today, and also not really being physically active, Stefanie is exhausted. Finally, they reach the apartment, and Stefanie immediately heads for her room.

"I'm going to take a nap, care to join me?" she asks Erik.

Erik smirks at her, "Oh, so you want some birthday fun?"

Stefanie immediately starts blushing, "U-um, no, I mean, um, not now, um-"

He chuckles at her red face, "Aw, liebling, I was kidding. I can see that you're exhausted. And, yes, of course, I'll join you."

The two go to her room, and Stefanie plops down on the bed, and Erik joins her. She grabs the cat-shaped pillow that she got when she was 14, and starts cuddling with it until it's taken out of her arms.

"Hey!" she yells at the thief, who is Erik since he is the only other person in the room.

"Aren't you supposed to cuddle with me?" he asks with puppy dog eyes.

She steals her pillow back, "Lufu is the best cuddler if I say so myself." She then turns her back to him and starts cuddling with the pillow once more.

They stay in silence until Stefanie feels shifting behind her, then a sneaky hand that has gone up her shirt. She turns back around and gives Erik the best death glare that she can make.