:CHAPTER 15:

Stefanie wakes up so someone playing with her hair, and proceeds to open her eyes to see Erik staring down at her. He starts blushing, realizing that she is awake, and takes his hands away from her hair.

"Guten morgen," he says, looking away and scratching the back of his head. "How did you sleep?"

She groans, "Fine." She covers herself with the comforter. Erik chuckles, and next thing she knows, they are staring at each other since he went under the covers as well.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi," she replies.

Even in the low lighting, Stefanie could see his face have a look of worry.

"Are you sure you slept fine?"

She sighs, blowing a strand of hair away from her face in the process, "I honestly don't know. I've always had these nightmares, but I have no clue why they started to come back."

"You're a strong person," Erik says, reaching his hand to caress her cheek. She leans into his touch, closing her eyes in the process. They stay like that for a couple of minutes, each in their own mind, until a banging on the door knocks them out of their thoughts.

"ZEIT AUFZUWACHEN! Get your ärsche out of bed!" A voice yells at the door.

Erik groans, pushing the comforter off of the pair. Light floods in, and Stefanie immediately flitches, closing her eyes once more. She feels Erik's weight disappear and hears him walking to the bathroom.

She doesn't know that she has fallen back to sleep until Erik starts tickling her feet. She kicks her feet around, trying to rid of the tickling hand. The tickling stops, but then the covers are whipped off of her.

Stefanie groans, finally opening her eyes, "Do you mind?"

"Nope," Erik replies with a smirk, already changed in a white, long sleeved shirt and black ripped jeans. Stefanie watches as he walks over to his luggage and grabs a light jean jacket. She sees him turns around, and send a quick glance over to her. She hears him sigh, seeing that she has not gotten out of the bed. He heads over to her, "Do I have to tickle you some more?"

Stefanie starts shaking her head frantically. "Nope, nope," she says, getting out of the bed, "I'm up, I'm up."

She heads to her luggage and takes out the first outfit she sees. She then heads over to the bathroom to change. After doing her morning routine, she puts on a white graphic tee with Marvel characters on it, some light jeans, and a gray zip-up hoodie. She puts her hair in a high ponytail, then heads out of the bathroom. She puts her pyjamas back in her luggage, and sees a leather jacket, which she grabs. She places it on top of her hoodie, then walks over to the closet and puts on her black high top Vans.

"Erik, are you ready?" She asks, peeking at him and raising an eyebrow.

He looks over to her, and she sees his eyes widen. She furrows her eyebrows, and starts looking at her outfit, trying to see if something is wrong with it. Erik, realizing that she saw his reaction, speaks up, "No, no, your outfit is fine. You look really great, in fact."

Stefanie stops checking her outfit and starts blushing, "Thanks."

Erik gets off the bed and heads towards where she is. He opens the closet, grabbing his white Converse and putting them on. She watches him, admiring how well that jacket looks on him. She pulls out her phone so he won't catch her staring, and with a "Let's go" from him, they are on their way towards breakfast.

-------------------------------------

Stefanie walks into the huge stadium with Ann-Kathrin, who she knows from Dortmund, and follows her towards the VIP area. Once they get to their seats, they talk about random topics, until the players come onto the field and start warming up. She immediately starts looking for Erik, and spots him with Marco and another figure, who she believes is Julian Draxler. Erik turns around and looks at the VIP area, and when he Stefanie wearing his jersey, as promised, a smile appears on his face and he starts waving at her. Stefanie giggles, seeing the boyish excitement coming off of him, and waves back. He shoots her one last smile, then starts warming up again.

Before long, the players are called back in to get ready for their big game. Stefanie takes out her phone and snaps a picture of the stadium. She posts it on her photography account, captioning it with hockey girl turned soccer girl. She takes a couple more pictures until the players take the pitch once more, ready to play.

-------------------------------------

By halftime, the score is still 0-0. When the players walk off the pitch, Stefanie can see that they are frustrated with themselves. The wives are talking about how they expected this game to be easy, but the Dane goaltender has been amazing against Germany's top players. She decides to text Erik, just to give him some motivation.

Stef 😜
I don't know if u will see this, but I just
wanted to say that u are doing amazing
so far in this game so don't let the score
bring u down

She sets her phone away, and gets into a conversation with Scarlett, who she found out is Marco's girlfriend after running into her as well in her apartment building. The two are talking about their various hobbies, when the talk switches to significant others.

"So Stef," Scarlett starts, "Anyone...important?"

Stefanie laughs, "Although I'm 24, I just haven't had the time to look for anyone."

"Honey, you aren't looking well enough. There is a whole field of guys that are single you know."

Stefanie sighs, thinking about Scarlett's words. She has a point, Stefanie thinks, taking her hair out of her ponytail and playing with it, Maybe I just have to look closer.

"You have a point, Scar," she says, "Maybe I'll keep a lookout for some guys."

The two girls laugh. Stefanie is still playing with her hair, so Scarlett asks if she can braid it. Stefanie agrees, and she relaxes as Scarlett starts splitting her hair to make a french braid. The two are in comfortable silence, until Stefanie's phone goes off. She flips it over from the chair next to her, and looks at the notification. It's a text from Erik:

Erik 🐝😆
Aw liebe you are so sweet :3
Danke for the boost of confidence ;)

Stefanie smiles, grabbing her phone and replying to him.

Stef 😜
Bitte (;

Erik 🐝😆
😊

"Erik, huh," says Scarlett, scaring Stefanie. She fumbles with her phone, almost dropping it, but catching it in the nick of time. She feels her face get red, and thankfully Scarlett is behind her so she doesn't notice.

"Um, yeah, Erik," Stefanie starts nervously, "We are um, really good friends-"

"Hun, he called you liebe," Scarlett interrupts, shaking her head, "If he calls you that, that means he is either being really nice or he likes you. Like a lot."

Stefanie shakes her head, "No way in hölle can he like me."

Scarlett finishes braiding her hair, and walks around to sit in the seat next to her. She shrugs, "Anything is possible."

-------------------------------------

Halftime ends, and now that game starts up again. Time seems to pass slowly for Stefanie, since no goals are scored. Then comes the 72nd minute. Mats Hummels passes the ball towards Marco, who is sprinting up the field and towards the goal. He shoots, but the ball goes off the crossbar, and straight to Erik. Although he is a defender and not supposed to be that far up, he doesn't care. He kicks the ball, right in the back of the net. The whole stadium erupts in screams, and everyone is on their feet. Stefanie is jumping up and down, screaming her heart out. She watches Erik as he sprints to to the sideline closest to the VIP area. He makes a heart with his hands and points right at her. She can feel her heart flutter and face start burning because of his simple, yet meaningful, action. He blows her a kiss, before heading back onto the field.

"Good friends my arsch," Scarlett says, elbowing a smiling Stefanie.