:CHAPTER 17:

A week has passed by from the last time Erik and Stefanie saw each other. Both are busy, Stefanie with midterms and Erik with soccer, so they haven't had the time to meet up. They obviously text, but with Der Klassiker coming up, Stefanie wants to do everything she can to be able to go. She is thinking about this during her math midterm, and the sound of her teacher's voice brings her back into reality.

"Class, you have 15 minutes," he says strictly.

Stefanie silently scolds herself, then goes back to the very advanced algebraic formulas.

-------------------------------------

Stefanie bursts out of the school doors and heads to her car, which she finally was able to get, and tosses her books in the back seat. She hurries into the driver's seat, in a rush to get to the training grounds. She needs to get to the training grounds as fast as possible, so she can convince Linda to let her go to Munich with the team. When she finally arrives, she parks and grabs her camera from the compartment in front of the passenger's seat. Without forgetting to lock her car, she climbs the steps two at a time, then runs into the media department, where Linda greets her.

"My child, why are you in such a rush?" asks the older woman.

Stefanie tries to catch her breath, then responds, "I wanted to ask you if I can go with the team tomorrow to Munich."

Linda gives her a scolding look, but before she could continue, Stefanie interupts her, "I know you are going to tell me to focus on school, but I just finished my last midterm."

It is obvious that Linda is still not sure if she wants to let her go with the team, so Stefanie adds in another argument, "I have no homework, no projects, nothing."

Linda shakes her head, chuckling, "I knew that you would say that. Ok, I will let you. But on one condition."

Stefanie lets out the breath that she is holding, only so suck it back in. "Yes?" she questions.

"I've seen that you have gotten close to one of the players, Erik Durm right?" Linda says, causing Stefanie's cheeks to become red.

"Um-uh," she stutters, "Yeah, we are um, great friends."

Linda chuckles at the flustered girl, "No need to become all flustered. You two look cute together. But that is not the point. I am fine with your relationship, but you have to keep it off the field. It doesn't look professional if one of the players is flirting with one of the photographers. So that is my condition. Is that clear?"

Stefanie nods, "Yes, Frau."

"Good girl," says Linda while starting to walk away. She stops and heads back towards Stefanie, "One more thing. I've noticed that Isabel has gotten closer with the American. I want you to watch over her, since she is younger and more reckless. I can trust you with that, right?"

"Yes, of course."

"Good," Linda says, smiling, "I can take your camera and put it in the office for you to grab tomorrow. Now go pack. The bus leaves tomorrow morning at 8:00. Tschüss!"

Stefanie hands her the camera, and as the older woman walks away, she heads to the field to find Erik. She walks out and immediately feels someone eyes on her, just like the first time she walked out onto the field. She turns her head and finds Erik to be that someone, one again. He whispers something to Marco, then jogs towards her.

"Schatz, what are you doing here?" Erik asks once he is near her.

Stefanie crosses her arms, "What, can't I see my favorite athlete training?"