Chapter 2

Caitlin's POV

After the weird call from Detective West, I began prepping my equipment to establish what was wrong with Barry when Joe brings him in. Cisco was sitting at his computer watching over the footage of the meta-human Barry went to catch two days ago.

Something must have happened with that meta for Barry to be so sick today. He seemed fine but I haven't really talked to him after his loss Wednesday.

We still don't know what the meta's powers are yet completely, but we do know that she has the power to cause the age something horrible happened in your life to become rewritten with the age regression. 

Standing in the same place causes your mind to wander. I continued thinking about what had happened, what could have been done differently, and that it was all my fault for not checking him over like I normally do whenever something happens like this. 

The guilt was basically written on my face. The elevator dinged and Joe rushed out of it. He was dragging Barry. My heart stopped when I saw how bad Barry looked. 

His skin was a sick pale color and it was decorated with sheets of sweat. His hair was clinging to his face. I rushed to help Joe. I yelled for Cisco to help. He ran and helped us get Barry up on the bed we put in the cortex just for him. 

We laid him on the bed and I started to work. My mind was running a million miles an hour. Checking over all his bones, his vitals, and checking his eyes. His eyes were very clouded and he wasn't very responsive to anything I did or said. 

Joe's POV

Driving down the highway, I keep glancing over at Barry. My son was slumped forward in the seat. If it wasn't for the seatbelt I put on him, he would have fallen straight over into the dash. I had my sirens on and I was doing 30 over the speed limit. 

Every passing second, my heart would race faster. 

Breaking every law I ever fought to enforce was just broken by me when Barry is in the passenger seat with the undecided fate. 

I raced into the parking lot of S.T.A.R. Labs. I hurried and shut off the engine. I ran to the other side and opened the door. I pulled Barry from the car and dragged him into the building. I prayed that Caitlin knew what happened and to help him get better.