Chapter 15

General POV

"What do you mean you don't know?" Joe all but yelled. The little boy on the bed jumped at his loud voice and reached out for something. Cisco glared at Joe, for waking him up, and climbed into the bed with him. Cisco made shushing noises and rubbed his back till he was breathing deeply, again. 

Joe raised his hands in an apologetic manner. Caitlin looked at him in surprise. "I mean I don't know. I don't understand how this has happened, I don't understand why he is the way he is, I don't understand her powers, and I still don't understand what else there is to discover in trying to fix this." Caitlin said her bit and turned on her heel and left her workstation. 

Joe watched her as she walked away and sighed. He knew where he messed up.

He was a cop for crying out loud. He should know to keep his emotions out of the situation and handle it calmly before he jumps to conclusions. 

Joe looked back to the bed Barry and Cisco occupied. Barry's two-year-old body curled up into Cisco's bigger frame in a suffocating hold. Cisco ran his hand through Barry's short, spiky, hair. Joe remembered doing this with Barry when he first came to him after his mom died and his dad was gone. 

The memory lane stare caught Cisco off guard. Joe's glassy eyes made it look as if he was crying. Cisco stopped his movements and watched him. Barry gripped him tighter when the hand in his hair quit moving. The sense of comfort was disrupted with the motion of the bed moving as Cisco went to get up.

Barry gripped him tighter to keep Cisco in place. Joe saw his motion and snapped out of his flashback. Joe held his hand out to him to stop him. Cisco didn't understand why he stopped him. If it was making Joe upset, he should fix it. 

Joe saw his internal struggle and explained to him, "Memories." Cisco nodded and fixed himself back on the bed. Barry instantly calmed down and curled around him in a tight hold.

Hours seemed to pass with the 30-minute nap out of Barry and Cisco before Dr. Well rushed in with Caitlin on his heels. "We have a solution!" 

Those words caught Cisco's brain. He opened his eyes and looked around. Barry was still at his side and everything was the same. 

Caitlin looked around for Joe. "Where did Joe go?" 

Cisco looked at her and shrugged. "We can tell him later. What is the cure?" 

Caitlin looked at Dr. Wells before starting her solution answer. "We have to get her DNA and reverse engineer it in this vial," she held up a test tube, "and then we take a needle and then it will fix him."

Cisco gave her a look that showed he didn't quite understand what she was talking about. "What?"

Caitlin shook her head. "It makes more sense if I just do it."

*Been really busy and keep adding to this when I got 5 minutes to do things. I haven't had the chance to work near a computer in the past few weeks and things got delayed. Will have this finished today or in the next week. Real human job and needs get in the way of writing. I owe it to you guys to get this done for putting up with my bs.*