Chapter 9: Finding Cas

You visit the forest again and again. You're glad that you've already found Crowley, but you're not satisfied. You won't be until you can apologize to Castiel. He left right after he tried to take the blame for you and you haven't seen him since. So, since he's an angel... You teleport to heaven, though are soon greeted by a man in a suit and tie with longer hair.
"Who are you, what are you, and why are you in heaven?" He claims, staring you down like you've just committed a crime.
"I'm y/n. I was just here to..." You're interrupted by a flutter of wings and the man looks at something or someone behind you.
"Castiel, I was just..." Castiel impales the man in the stomach by a blade that had some type of writing on it. You gasp in shock as a bright, white light spreads across the room.
"Y/n what are you doing here? It's dangerous for you to be here and not to know anyone!" His voice is stern and thick, but he shows concern in his facial expression. Though you're too stunned by Castiel stabbing a person to speak, you manage a few words.
"I... I was just..." You look down at the man as he bleeds. "I was looking for you." The confusion spreads across his face.
"Well, here I am." He says then throws his arms up. You nod shyly and walk up to him. You kiss him passionately on the lips. He drops the bloody blade and grabs your hips. You pull back and bite your lip. "What was that for? I thought you were with Crowley." You look down at your feet and look back up at him.
"I'm not sure who I'm with or not anymore..." You say, very quietly, hoping no one else but Cas heard you. He grabs your cheek and tilts your head up.
"I'm sorry for confusing you..." His words trailed as he stared deeply into your eyes, as if to look at your soul. You grab his hand, still on your cheek, and give a slight smile.
"Thanks. But you're not the only one that's sorry." He looks at you and confusion crosses his face again. He tilts his head a little, and kisses your forehead.
"What do you mean?" He asks, confused.
"Look, I'm sorry for what happened the day in the forest. I didn't know that Crowley would be there. I'm sorry." You hold back the tears thinking about that day.
"I forgive you, though you shouldn't be sorry. I enjoyed the first half of it." He chuckles a bit. A chuckle that you have never heard from him. You giggle at the sound of it. "Can I show you around?" You glance at the dead body not to far from your feet.
"Sure, but are we not going to talk about this?" You motion your head toward the body, and Cas looks down.
"Oh, right. That's Malachi. Nobody liked him anyway. He won't be missed, not by angels, not by God, and especially not by Bartholomew. It's fine. I honestly did a lot of angels a favor." Your expression goes blank. He was so... You didn't even know how to explain it. Unique. That's what he was. Unique. "Y/n, are you alright?" You blush as he shows concern.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just gonna have to have a little time to adjust to things around here." You say and grab his hand. He looks down at it then intertwines your hand with his and smiles. You walk closer to him and his trenchcoat taps your calf as you walk in unison now. You like the feel of his hand against yours, his skin giving you comfort. You also like the feel of his trenchcoat hitting your leg as you walk, and the sound of his footsteps along with yours. He takes you down a series of hallways, twisting and turning and one corridor leading to another. He brings you to a room packed full of people that you assume are angels. One walks over to you both, looking upset.
"Castiel! What did I say about bringing your human friends..." She looks down at your hands locked together and continues. "And girlfriends, to heaven." You blush a bright red and look down.
"Rachel, she's not..." You look at him and you thought you knew what he was gonna say. 'She's not my girlfriend,' you think to yourself again and again, positive that's what he would say, knowing it would shatter you. "She's not human." You were wrong, and happy about being incorrect at the same time.
"Then what is she." The expression on her face darkens.
"A hybrid. One of the most powerful. Father sent me to find her myself knowing you couldn't handle the job." She throws him a nasty look, scoffs at him, and prances away, looking like one of those offended, popular girls in high school. He turns to you, smiling and laughing at the same time. He kisses you on the cheek. "I'm going to find Bartholomew. Stay here." He kisses you once more than walks away letting go of your hand, slowly, showing that he doesn't want to leave your side.
"Cas, wait!" You yell, and he comes back. "Can't I just come with you?" He looks at you then gives a glimpse of a smile.
"I suppose." He says then locks his hand with yours once more. You're off to find Bartholomew.