A3 Ch 6

"Eclipse, put Kira down!"

Eclipse seemed to be talking to himself, "It's not real. Don't listen to it. It's just a figment of your imagination. If you just ignore it, it will go away like all the others." Nightshadow looked closer at Eclipse and saw that he was trembling slightly and his pelt looked as if he hadn't groomed himself in weeks!

Nightshadow slowly walked up to Eclipse. "Eclipse," she said gently, "it's me. Nightshadow." "Nightshadow?" Eclipse asked. His eyes faded into his normal purple eye color, but it only lasted for a second before his eyes flared white again. "Ahhhh!" Kira screamed. Then, she hung her head and was silent. "Kira!" Nightshadow yelled, "Eclipse, stop this!" Eclipse shook his head, "No...No." he whispered.

Blood flowed from his eyes like tears. "Eclipse, snap out of it! It's really me!" she exclaimed. Eclipse was shaking even more. "No, Nightshadow's gone! She's never coming back! She's gone!" Eclipse yelled back as the blood streamed down his face.

He looked straight at Nightshadow, his glowing eyes staring at her. "The human took her and she hasn't come back. She's never coming back! My love is dead...she's dead! She would have been back by now if she wasn't!" He looked down at his paws, "Nightshadow...my love, Nightshadow!" He thrust is muzzle toward the sky,"Save me, Nightshadow! Take me away from this dark world!"

Nightshadow walked up to Eclipse until she was right next to his ear. She tried her best to sound calm as she whispered, "Eclipse, please put the Lucario down." Kira was released and hit the ground with a sickening thud. "Thank you, Eclipse." she licked his cheek, "I love you."

She turned away from him and started toward Kira. "Wait!" Eclipse called. Nightshadow stopped but didn't turn around. "Yes, Eclipse?" He took a step toward her, "Is it really you?" he asked, his voice full of longing.

Nightshadow ran over to him and licked his cheek, "Yes, it's really me!" She began to cry into his fur. Eclipse's eyes faded into purple. "Nightshadow! You're alive!" he exclaimed when he saw her. "Yes, I've come home!" Nightshadow breathed I his scent and thought to herself, I'm home.