Chapter 11

*This chapter will be in Patrick and Pete's point of views!

~ Patrick ~

Lyra ran. She ran, because of me. I brought up a subject she never talked about. I should have thought before I brought it up. She didn't like discussing her past, but we brought it up. We asked her about it, and now she's running. Pete, Brendon, Dallon, and Andy tried to chase her, but she had more stamina than they did. They lost her, and now I'm driving around. I called her.

"Hello?" she asked. She was out of breath.

"Lyra? Where are you? I'll come get you," I said. I was panicking. She was silent. "Lyra? It's not your fault. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up. Please, Ly, tell me where you are." I was on the verge of tears. How could I have let this happen? What was my problem? 

"Oh god," Lyra whispered. What was happening? There was movement wherever Lyra was. There was someone else there. "Leave me alone!" Lyra screamed. Her voice wasn't very understandable. She took her phoen away from her ear. That wasn't a good sign. "Go the hell home and leave me alone! Haven't you two caused me enough pain in the ten years I was with you?"

More voices. I asked Lyra what was happening, but she didn't answer. I couldn't understand what they were saying very well. Lyra screamed.

"I'm sorry," Lyra mumbled. She sounded like she was in pain. "I love you. Tell Pete I'm sorry. I didn't want it to end like this, Patrick, I swear. Tell the guys I love them. Tell Brendon, Sarah, and Dallon I enjoyed meeting them. And don't forget to tell Chloe, Summer, and Danni they were the best friends I ever had. I love you guys." She cried out suddenly. I flinched at the sound of her pain. I wasn't there to protect her. I needed to be there. I needed to protect her.

  "Lyra? Ly, where are you? I'll come get you. I promise I won't let anything happen to you!" I said. Tears rolled down my face.

"I hope you're saying your finals goodbyes, slut," a small female voice spat. Whoever it was had Lyra's phone, and they were hurting her. "Even though I doubt anyone would care about you, bitch." There was another scream of pain.

"Get away from my daughter, you bitch!" I yelled. "Leave her alone!" I was angry. I was upset. I was disappointed in myself for not being there.

"What are you gonna do? You don't even know where we are, Patrick." The way whoever it was said my name pumped anger through my veins. It was one thing to mess with me, but torturing Lyra and speaking of me in that taunting way, as if I truly didn't care about Lyra, really hit me. It made me angry. I wasn't going to stand here and let this mystery person do this.

"Don't you dare say his name!" Lyra screamed. "Alley! Frosties!" I realized what she was telling me. She was telling me where she was. She didn't know where she was exactly, but she knew what she could see.

"I'm coming, Ly," I said. "I'll be there soon. Hold on." She screamed in pain. The person laughed and hung up. I should have called Pete, but I didn't have time. I had to focus on getting to Lyra. Pete would understand. So, I drove. I drove as fast as I could without getting a ticket. It didn't seem fast enough. The streets in this area weren't very busy during this time of day. The sun was setting and it was almost dark. I had to get to Lyra before she got hurt too badly.

~ Pete ~

My phone had barely rang when I picked it up. Lyra's phone. I hit answer as soon as I saw Lyra's name on the screen.

"Lyra?" I asked. "Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay and Patrick has you." Patrick had left to find her alone in his car. Joe and Dallon went a different way to see if they could find her. Brendon and Andy went for a walk, probably calling for Lyra and seeing if they can find her too. I stayed back with Sarah in the hope she might come home on her own.