Two

5.26.14

Destiny's POV

It was currently 12:00 pm and all the girls at the orphanage were having a pool party. Yes, a pool.. in an orphanage. For a orphanage like this, it was very nice and rich looking. It had crystal chandeliers, a fireplace, a very beautiful kitchen, and one of the best chef's in town that cooks for us.

I sat inside my room watching the other girls swim around. "Oh how I wish I were skinny enough and had no scars to go swimming." I said to myself. I was very insecure about how I looked. I wasn't like the girls here at the orphanage. They were very girly, not very smart and a bit conceded as well. Well me? I was pretty tough for a girl my age. I was a bit girly but with an edgy touch to it. I was as smart as a 10th grader, as people say, and like I said earlier, I was insecure.

"Alrighty girls, time to come in now." I heard Mrs. Perez called from downstairs. "Destiny, come down here please." I got up from my bed and went downstairs. I watched as the other girls laughed and giggled about some boy-band they were talking about. I think the name of the band was One Dimension? I don't know some shit like that.

Kim and her plastic crew (as I like to call them from Mean Girls) stopped giggling once their eyes landed on me. "Ugh what a freak." She scoffed at me. "Kim, why are you talking about yourself?" I asked but trying not to laugh. She rolled her eyes at me and left.

" You called for me Mrs. P?"

"Yes, actually I did. Come follow me to my office." I nodded and followed her. I gulped as I took a seat in front of her desk. "Am I in trouble?" I worriedly asked. Hopefully she didn't hear what I had said to Kim a few minutes ago. "No darling. I just wanted to know how you're doing." She said sweetly. At first I didn't know what she was talking about but then the memories flooded right back to my head .

*Flashback* (like in that's so raven lol no? ok)

I cried into my cold, bloody hands. "Those girls are right. I'm just a loser, a nobody." Wet tears splashed on my wrists that were covered in scars and new cuts. I took a deep breath and ran to the restroom. I picked up the blade I had dropped earlier on the floor. I washed some blood off the sharp metal.

Tears raced down on my cheeks as I slid the blade across my wrist repeatedly. The loud rain and thunder was heavy. "Des-Destiny what are you doing?" I heard a voice from behind call. I turn around to see Mrs. Perez standing there. She gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. "Oh god." My arms were spread out with my wrists facing her. "I-I'm sorry." She ran into my arms and hugged me tightly. "It's alright baby. I got you. You're perfect just the way you are." I cried into her pink t shirt and held her tightly.

After about 30 minutes of crying, she helped me clean myself up. The blood from my wrists are now gone, as well from my shirt and hands. We talked and talked for hours and we shared laughs together. "Thank you Mrs. Perez. For everything." That was the last thing I said before falling into deep slumber.

*Reality*

"I'm fine." I faked smiled, but deep down inside I was a broken girl.