Five

Destiny's POV

I was playing with my guitar and humming to a song that I truly loved called, Strawberry Fields by The Beatles. They were a huge inspiration to me. I love their music so much. Too bad two of the band members had already passed away. I really wanted to meet the other two, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney.

As I was humming, I was interrupted by the sound of knocking. "Come in." I said. The door opened, revealing Mrs. Perez. "Hi sweetie, can I talk to you for a bit?" she kindly asked. "Sure, what about?" I placed my guitar next to my bed, making sure I put it in the right position so it wouldn't fall.

"So those two men out there, Niall and Ashton. What did you think of them?"

"Well, I only know who Niall is because I barley remembered he's in a famous band called One Direction. I've heard few songs of them but I never really paid attention on how they look like, their voices and lyrics is what mattered to me the most. I think he's alright, but I wouldn't get too close to him. Ashton, well, he's seems okay I guess. He's nice," I shrugged. "Why do you want to know of what I think of them?"

"Well," she started. "They want to adopt you." smiled Mrs. Perez. "T-They what?" I shockingly said. This seriously can't be happening. "They want to adopt you! Isn't that splendid?" she cheered.

"But what if they hurt me, like my parents did? What if they don't like me? I don't want to go through with this again!" My breathing became heavy and heavy. "Darling, don't worry. They won't hurt you. Okay?"

I sighed. I wasn't convinced of her answer, but I have no choice. "Okay."

"Now," she patted my leg. " Pack your things. They will pick you up later tomorrow at 2:00 p.m." She got off from my bed and closed the door on her way out. I sighed and started packing.

***
The Next Day

"Do you have everything, Destiny?" She asked. I had already double checked if I had all my belongings, which I did. "Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. "I guess this is it." she sadly sighed. I looked into her brown, glossy eyes. "Don't cry Mrs.P . I'll come and visit only you." I said. "Oh I'm sorry, I'm a bit emotional today." she laughed. She wiped her tears with the collar of her shirt.

She engulfed me into a warm hug. "Thanks for everything." I whispered in her ear. "No problem kiddo." We separated from our long hug and said our goodbyes. "Ready to go now?" Niall asked. "Yeah." I whispered quietly. I picked up my bags and he carried my other one.

"Bye Mrs. P! I'll miss you!" I said. "I'll miss you too sweetie. Remember, don't let the cat scratch you." "I'll try not too." I said,closing the door on my way out. 'Don't let the cat scratch you' was a code name for 'Don't cut yourself.' She made it up. You see, the cat itself is the blade. Actually the claws are, which is attached to the cat so yeah nevermind. It is the cat. Anyway, you know when sometimes you hold a cat or you're physically near a cat it gets angry and scratches you? And you end up with a scratch on your wrist or leg or arm? Well that's what it means. The claws scratches my arms constantly and she doesn't want me to get hurt anymore by it.

"Here I got it." Ashton said, taking my bag from my hand. His cold hand brushed against mine. I shivered and followed them to the car, which was located across the street. He carefully put my bag in the trunk and closed it. I opened the car door and it revealed 3 other boys in the seats.

My eyes widened and I backed away. "Don't worry, they're friends of ours." Ashton said. He climbed on the passenger seat and Niall copied, but only on the driver seat. "One of you guys have to go in the back seat." Niall told the guys.

"I'll go." said a boy who had green hair said. "Thanks mate. Scoot over lads so she can sit near the car door." They two of then did as he commanded, and put their seat belt on afterwards. I hopped on the seat and shut the door.

Niall started the car and drove away. I quickly put on my seat belt and stared out the window. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a boy with a black quiff. "Hi. I'm Zayn. This is Calum," he pointed to a boy that looked Asian. "Hi, nice to meet you. If you're wondering, I'm not Asian." Well I was wrong. "And that's Michael." he pointed to the boy with green hair who was playing on his Nintendo DS. "Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm a huge gamer."

"Me too. I like your hair." I shyly said. "Thanks. What games do you play?" he asked. "Anything. Like violent, scary, animated, etcetera. I mostly play Fifa, Mortal Combat versus DC and anything that has Mario in it." I smiled. "Really? Oh my god you're so awesome." He raised his hand to give me high five. I giggled and accepted it. I quickly pulled my arms down because my sleeve was falling down revealing my scars and cuts. I pulled my sleeve down and looked up to see if any of the boys had notice. Luckily none of them did.

About 10 minutes later, we had arrived to a house. It wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small. Niall parked the car and turned it off. "Here we are." I sighed and opened the door. Calum opened the trunk for me before I could get to it. "Thanks." I said reaching for my bag. "It's okay, I got it." I smiled and thanked him again.

"Home sweet home." I whispered.

***

Zayn's POV

Michael and Destiny we're talking about what type of video games they played. I think it's quite cute how they got along very well. I was currently on twitter, stalking fangirls' accounts. I was bored so I decided to follow a few fans. I pressed the 'follow' button on a account that had the username '@avengermalik' . I went on her account and saw her tweets. I laughed at her reaction.

"Oh my god you're so awesome." Michael said, reaching for her to give her a high five. She giggled and accepted it, but I noticed a few scratches on her arms. I hope they weren't what I thought they were. She quickly moved her arm after giving Michael a high five. She was looking around to see if anyone had seen them, but before she can lay her eyes on me, I pretended that I was on my phone. I really needed to talk to her about that, maybe tomorrow or today I will.

Niall parked the car and turned it off. "Here we are." Niall said. I got off the car and walked inside the house.