Part 15

The next month was basically all therapy. They tried to get me to wear a prosthetic arm but I couldn't. I mean I wanted to, but no matter what they did, it hurt to wear it. So I was left with a stub.

Tony's arm was fully healed and functional. He only had a minor fracture so it took almost no time to heal. Me and Brettlee had started dating and we were always together.

It was my last day of therapy and I was finally able to go home. No more hospital food. No more nurses or doctors. I was happy. As I arrived at my newfound home I was greeted happily. Becca was quite excited to have me around. She was so helpful. She carried all of my bags in and unpacked everything for me too. My mother and her had painted my room orange and blue, my two favorite colors. Becca went shopping and got everything for my room, even tons of posters. We also have basically the same exact style because she had packed my closet and drawers full of new clothes and shoes that I loved. My bedding was blue with orange polka dots and pillows. I had pixie lights hanging on my walls and it looked so amazing.

"Thank you so much Becca, I love it." She smiled and showed me some extra things in there. As the day went on I found out just how hard it was going to be, and it wasn't even the worst part. At the hospital I had worn sweats the whole time so when I tried to button my jeans it was a huge struggle. Becca helped me with getting dressed. "I promise I will learn how to do things by myself." I said to her. She smiled and laughed. "Its no big deal, what are big sisters for?"

As the day proceeded I kept getting angrier and angrier. I couldn't do anything that I used to.

I heard a knock at the door and went to see who it was. It was Austin, I hadn't seen him in forever.

"I've missed you so much!" He said. I said the same in return and we sat down to talk. Soon Tony walked in and we began to get into deep conversation when my phone buzzed. It was a call from Brettlee. I walked into my room and answered the phone.

"Hey.."

"Hey Brett, is everything okay?"

There was a moment of silence before he finally spoke up.

"I'm breaking up with you. I don't like the way people stare at us when we are in public, they always make rude comments and laugh. I just can't handle the embarrassment." I told him I was sorry and hung up.

I sat on my bed and stared at my mirror. I was a ugly human being. With one arm or both arms, I was still hideous and nothing could change that.

We hadn't even been dating a month, and we only went out in public twice.

"Is everything okay?" Tony asked.

"Yeah." I said and smiled as I tried holding back the tears. "I'm just tired. I think I might take a nap."

"Okay" he said and left. I laid there and cried myself to sleep.