Part 5

**Tony's POV**

When I woke up Paige was asleep with her head on my lap. It was about 8:30ish and we had just arrived at our stop in Cali. Today was a day with concerts and tomorrow was our day off.

As Paige slept I couldn't help but stare at her arms. They were so scarred and cut up. I saw what seemed to be.. dog bites? There were some on her neck too. She has a scar under her eye that looked like it could've been a scratch. I had seen some cuts on her back because her shirt had slid up a bit during the night. One of the things that killed me the most is she was just so skinny.
"Good morning sleepy head." I said as I saw her bright eyes open. "Do you want some breakfast? We could go get something real quick." I asked hoping she'd say yes.

"You know. I am kinda hungry." I smiled and she got up. She dug through her bag and grabbed out an extra shirt and a pair of shorts. "I'll be right back" She said and walked into the bathroom. She came out with her OM&M shirt on and a pair of blue shorts. Her hair was tied up and she put on her knee brace and shoes. I got changed quickly and we were soon off to a diner. "So." I said to her after we were served.

**Paige's POV"

"Why?" He quickly asked and looked at my arm for a brief second. "Well not all of it was me." His eyes were worried but also a sign of relief was in there too. "Where did the dog bites come from?"

"Well my "dad" fought dogs to earn drug money. One day his dog got beat and killed so he flipped out. I was probably like 9 and I didn't understand what he was doing. He told me to get in the car one day and he drove me to an abandoned house where they fought their dogs. He took me inside and I remember I couldn't stop coughing from the smoke. He smacked me in the back of the head and told me to stop. Eventually the first dog fight was over and it was James' turn to fight with another guy. This guys dog was probably about 200-250 pounds. He was a massive dog. He looked like a pit bull Rottweiler mix. When James stepped up to the plate he had no dog, so instead he threw me in there. Before the other guy could do anything his dog came after me. The guy was nice to me, unlike most of the other guys. He quickly jumped into the pit and grabbed me away from his dog but it was too late. My neck had been mauled and my arms and legs were too. It was surprising that he didn't break my neck. But I just went home and took a bath. But the guy got me medicine for my wounds. He became like my uncle eventually and everyone called him big boy, not because he was fat, he was extremely muscular. I called him uncle big. But he was eventually killed 2 years later over his dog. So that's what happened there."

Tony looked horrified. "I'm so so so sorry." I looked down at my food holding in the pain. My uncle big was the only one who cared about me after my mom died.

**Tony's POV**

I felt horrible for bringing it up. I looked at her and tears were filling her eyes as she looked at her plate. "I'm sorry for asking about it."

"No, its fine. I just miss him. That's all." Her voice was shaky and it killed me. I made her cry, and I couldn't stand myself because of it.